1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boy Advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hello1992, Dec 20, 2015.

1. hello1992

Hello everyone,

i have been thinking about this for some time but don't really know what to do. So i thought it would be good to post it on here and see what you think.

A few weeks ago i started texting this guy. We got on really well an i started to really like him. I eventually plucked up the courage to ask him out on a date, and he said yes. A few days before the date he randomly asked for us to speak via a phonecall. I thought this was weird, especially as i always find phone calls weird and we had only texting before. But i said yes anyway. The phone call was ok i guess, it went a little deep because we sort of latched onto topics we already knew about eachother.

When it came to arranging the date, he asked for a rain check. I eventually asked him whether he actually still wanted to go on the date. He said no because he felt that the phone call was a little awkward and expected it to go much better given how well we have texted. He said there was no spark and so we shouldn't waste our time.

I was very hurt. I said i felt his expectations was unrealistic an that obviously the phone call wouldn't go great as we don't even know eachthoter. I also think it was completely the wrong attitude to have; throw away it all because of a phone call.

We haven't texted since but i really now want to. I enjoyed speaking to him and i guess a part of me hopes that there might still be something there. My brain says that I shouldn't because I don't think its right that he has that kind of attitude.

I literally have no idea. Should i text him? What do you think?

2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wish I could tell you what to do. It really sucks that he said that. I'd say maybe try texting him one last time, just saying hi or something. If he ignores it, then it's his loss. At least that way, you get some kind of closure, even if it's not the way you hoped it would end. At least you'll know you tried.
    I wouldn't suggest pursuing a relationship with him though.
    (Warning, I suck at advice, you should probably get a few other opinions also) :slight_smile: Hope everything works out.

#2 ForNarnia, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  3. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It was probably some kind of fake excuse... Or else he's just stupid to think that you can know if you'll like someone just by talking over the phone once.

Either way, he's definitely not someone you should have any expectation of. Take the page, tear it down and move on to the next chapter.

4. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Leave him behind

5. Xochipilli

Personally, I wouldn't. He seemed rather quick to drop you based on a single phone call.
    You could make another effort, I guess, so you won't wonder, but don't chase after him.

6. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let sleeping dogs lay. Honestly.. over a phone call... he needs to come off it. You can do better.XD If you do choose to pursue him though.. I wish you the nest of luck.

7. Rasec

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was writing that you should text him back at first but then I thought about it twice. Leave him behind, if he didn't take the time to get to know you better and chose to stop talking to you because of a call it simply means he's not interested. I have a feeling it was more than the call.. But at the end of the day he's not the only fish out there.. Now that he's out of the way you might find someone better!

8. guitar

I hate to this say and come across, so blunt, but he just isn't into you. I've had things like this happen, and when he's looking for an out, don't bother pursuing it any longer.

One of the most important things I've learned about people is this: people will do what people want to do. If this guy really wanted to go on a date with you, he would find a way.

Because he's said he doesn't want to pursue it anymore, sadly, the writing is on the wall.

9. baddech

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    all the above commentors are right. if he truly wanted to meet he would. the mere fact that one call is his excuse means that he really does not want to meet. it may or may not have anything to do with the call that took place but actualizing something sooner than when he's ready for it. in any case the loss is his. but my advice is, feel good knowing that at least you tried.

10. Ned B

There was a guy that I met online a few months ago. We chatted for a little while; he seemed really interesting, and seemed to be interested in me. One random night he decided to call me. We talked for maybe an hour. After that I never heard from him again, and he stopped responding to texts. I guess I failed some sort of test.

But really, if people are going to judge you like that, before even meeting you, they probably aren't worth chasing after.