1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insecure About Relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Anonymous, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Anonymous

I just recently got my first girlfriend 2 weeks ago. We have been best friends for 2 years prior to getting together, and have been through a lot together. I'm sure most would write it off as "teenage hormones" or whatever, but I know (because we were extremely close prior to ever getting together) that I love her - as in I want to marry her one day kind of love her.

The day I finally confessed my feelings to her, and she replied that she liked me as well, was the day I switched schools. We now are long distance (really, only an hour apart, but we can't see each other except during Winter/Spring/Summer Break because our parents are homophobic and can't know we're dating).

For the first few days, it was absolutely great. We were able to text for hours everyday (although we were unable to call/FaceTime each other in case our parents heard us talking). The second week, she started to feel a bit more distant from me. She would sometimes ignore texts (which is fine, but it felt like I was trying to engage in conversation and she was ignoring me on purpose), and if felt like I was always the one texting her first. Some days we wouldn't talk at all, or for only five minutes, and they weren't at all like the deep conversations I was used to having with her even before we started dating.

She stayed over last night for a sleepover, and everything was absolutely great. We talked, kissed, cuddled, etc. and it felt like everything was fine. At one point, she told me about her best friend from middle school, who made her realize she was gay. I already knew about this friend, because she had told me about her before we started dating, but this time she expanded on it - she said that she really liked that girl to the point where she would freak out even being in close proximity with her, and that she turned out to be a complete bitch that talked about her behind her back. Later, in high school (they go to different schools), they started talking again and my girlfriend found out that she really was a very nice girl, and that the girl was a lesbian.

I played it cool while she was here, and to be honest, I kind of forget she even said anything. Then the next day, when she left, I had the worst nightmare that my girlfriend had started talking to her middle school crush again, and the girl hurt my girlfriend, and I ended up sitting there and consoling my girlfriend as she cried over another girl.

I absolutely love my girlfriend, to the point where I'll take her in any aspect I can get her. If that means that she'll never love me like I love her that's fine - it'll hurt, but I'll deal. But I don't even know if I'm hurting for a legitimate reason. Am I just being clingy and obsessing over her slightly distanced texts? Do I really have a reason to be jealous over her middle school crush? I feel like I'm just being a typical clingy and annoying high school girlfriend, but at the same time, I constantly feel like she probably will never love me nearly as much as I love her, and it hurts like a bitch.

P.S. I haven't told her I love her yet because technically, we've only been dating for two weeks, even though I've been in love with her for 6 months.