1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I get so thirsty? :/ Is this normal for a teen boy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Skaros, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I recently found out a friend of mine at school is bisexual. Apparently, he's very open about it and comfortable with his sexuality. He has had many crushes on girls, and he says he likes this girl at school. He actually "dated" a close friend of mine until she broke up with him about 2 weeks later. He was just really touchy and she didn't like that. Thing is, I've noticed a trend for him to be into one girl after the other. It seems like he can't be that committed to just one person unless she/he is committed to him.

I've known him since a freshman class, and we've gradually become closer and closer as friends. He's a very smart student and he's actually going to a very good college next year. He's involved in many clubs and activities. He's even starting Latino club just for the college reputation. We bumped into each other this year at liberal forum (a club where liberals get together and discuss things). We're both strong Sanders supporters and he invited me to go phone banking with him to support his campaign. That's actually when I found out he was bi. He's fairly attractive. He dresses very well. Many people actually assumed he was gay, but they were surprised when he was interested in women.

Now... he does like this girl who's also a die-hard liberal. Although, he thinks that she's just not interested in him. She's the kind of girl that loves gay/bi guys as friends. I feel like he will eventually get over her and move onto someone new. I kind of hope that someone new is me. The part that makes feel guilty is how quickly I go into him. When I found out that he was bi, I thought "maybe he's into me" and that there's the possibility of us getting together. Up until then, I've only seen him as a friend. I just have this tendency to struggle with a platonic friendship with bi/gay men. The fact that he's my friend AND a bi/gay male has never happened before. I've always hoped a friend of mine, who I already know, would have a chance at being with me. His relationship with my friend was actually very fast moving, and I kind of hope the same can happen to me.

The thing is, I think he actually might be interested in being with me. Since I came out to him (minutes after I found out he was bi) he became even more friendly with me. We went shopping together (just us) after the Sanders campaign. Later, I went to his birthday party (I was invited that same day) and that girl that he likes was there. She did give him a gift he really likes... but from what he's said, I think he believes she "friendzoned" him and only sees him as a really good friend. He drove me home after the party and it was just us. When we stopped at my house, it wasn't just me getting out and saying "bye". He showed me some music videos (which were actually good) and we were just sitting there talking about music for like 15 minutes. It seemed kind of odd because it was night time and I would have expected him to just drop me off and go home.

I have no idea what to think. I feel weird because I became so quickly attracted to a friend of mine. Then again, it's only because I realized there's a chance of me finding someone that made it so quick. He's going away for college next year, so a relationship wouldn't last long... but I would be totally fine if it only lasted a few months. I think he too would be okay with something quick... even if we were only friends with benefits.

Is there something wrong with me or is this normal for teen boys?

2. SHIELDAgentAlex

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this is entirely normal. We're basically controlled by oceans of bizarre hormones, and then, when we find someone who's not only "viable", I guess, but also could be mutually interested…well, do the math.

3. Hexagon

Perfectly normal. For any type of person. My advice? Tell him you like him, ask if he feels the same? If yes, talk relationship.

4. Kat 5

Literally anything extreme in that realm is normal for teen boys.