1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We broke up...getting back together?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Anonymous, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Anonymous

Yesterday, I told my girlfriend I loved her. She broke up with me in response. I cried for 6 hours and was on the verge of doing something drastic, so I told my mom what happened and she helped talk me down. My mom did not previously know we were dating because my girlfriend is in the closet and does not want to tell her parents yet.

Today, my girlfriend called me and told me that even though she doesn't love me, she doesn't want it to end yet. When I told her that I told my mom, she became worried that my parents would tell hers if we got back together.

We had a long discussion. She's ready to get back together if my mom says she won't tell her parents. She says she probably won't be in love with me for another year, if at all, and wants to slow down. She says she can see a future with me, but doesn't think it's likely because we are only 16. I'm okay with slowing down, and I'm okay with waiting for an I love you, but I'm worried about the fact that she doesn't think a future is very likely. I'm looking at this strictly long term, and I'm worried that I'm going to get my heart broken again. But at the same time, I'm so in love with her and I don't want to lose her. Please help.

2. Xanesa21

Hello, it sounds like a bit toxic relation (i'm in one of this kind). Anyway.. I know that easier would be to say "broke up with her, and leave her cause she doesn't deserve you and bloah blah" but the point is, that is almost impossible for someone who love another person and is addicted to her. So ... my advice is to: stay with her, let it flows. Be with her and in the same live your life. You will see where it will go. Don't think that much about the future and focus on your life now. Maybe she will change her mind and you will be with her till rest of your life, maybe you will meet someone else who will be more worthy of your feelings and you will broke up with her. Don't think that much and if breaking up it's too much for you just stay with her and stop overthinking :slight_smile:

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are only 16. Statistically speaking you are bound to break up sooner or later. Youth is all about experimentation and gathering experience. Yes, your heart will be most likely broken at some point but that is part of growing up. If you are willing to handle and accept this, I say go ahead but don't expect much.

4. Rolando4

She admitted that she doesn't love you and may not ever love you. What's the point of being with her and investing even more into this? You'll be even more hurt and devastated...

I actually was in a relationship like this. It was 7 months and came out of nowhere (I thought). He didn't want to break up but see if anything changed with time. But I said no because I love and respect myself. It's hard, but time really does heal the heartbreak.

#4 Rolando4, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015