1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Animess, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Animess

So here i am again, asking for help, about the same person. First let me recap the situation with me and this girl. She's an internet friend I've known her for a few weeks and i like her. She is in her 20's and i am thirteen very close to being fourteen. So i was told by a wonderful person on here that i should tell her my age but not tell her l like her. I, being a freaking idiot, did the opposite. I told her i liked her but i only said i was younger than what she probably though. She told me she couldn't pursue a relationship due to said age gap but still wanted to be friends. She told me she would give me space. I havnt texted her back since, I want to but im scared. (If only she knew) Its been a few days since that. However after being rejected, I still like her and really want to find some way to be close to her. I know i cant but i want to. I know its illegal due to fucking dumbass laws that have reason to exist and should i just hate them for my reason. I used to think that a relationship like that would be disgusting and now i feel horrible for saying that?! I know this is more of a vent but am i being a creep (I hate using that word against myself) and clingy? Is this even normal at all? Is there any possible way that something could happen and what would i have to do for that? If you could help me at all i would be so grateful!

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I don't think it's disgusting but I do think it's against the law to actually date. I've heard of Romeo and Juliette laws that allow people who started dating when both under the age of 18 to continue their relationship when one of them gets over 18, but I don't think an age gap of minimum 7 years would be allowed.

If you wanted to meet, take an older relative or really good friend. Make sure that you find a place like a coffee shop that already has loads of people so your friend/relative can blend in. Have a code word prepared and if you find things not-right [e.g. not who they said they were] with the friendship with this woman then they can help get you out.

Google definitions:

Creep: a detestable person
    Detestable: deserving intense dislike.

I don't think so as you're just attracted to them.

Clingy: too emotionally dependent.

I think so, because you're continuing to be attracted to them although you know you [probably] can't be together. Don't worry too much though, as many people do feel this way as well. In my opinion, I don't think you should meet as meeting tends to increase desire for the person, but it's ultimately your choice so if you choose to, please use my advice above.

If you're wanting some anecdotal report, I'm only 17 and I'm attracted to an 80 year old. Never going to happen though, they're married and famous and way out of my league.