1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with a bicurious coworker/friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Harvey Dent, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Harvey Dent

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't posted on here in so long, but in light of the last few months in my life I have a good bit to post.

For the past three months or so, a fellow coworker of mine has taken some form of interest in me and we've become good friends and hang out outside of work when possible. When we first started to get to know each other and hang out, I thought he was cool and didn't have more than a platonic feeling for him. Not long after that though, BAM!! It hit me like a ton of bricks that I was practically in love with him. I'd think about him all night, and of course every love song and lyric I heard on Spotify and in my music library made me think of him.

To give a prequel to the previous paragraph, this guy has a girlfriend and it's something I've known since I've known him, which made me think two things: A) He's already in a relationship with a girl, and B) therefore he must be straight.

Well, a little over a month ago as we were closing up (we work in a small retail store), we were in the break room of the store which has no cameras, and he told he always wanted to try something. The next thing I know, he pulled my pants down and started giving me oral sex. I was extremely nervous and ultimately didn't climax, but the sensation felt really good. The next afternoon, I get a text from him telling me that we shouldn't do things like that anymore or it could ruin our friendship, and even though it was his idea, I agreed and said that I felt the same also. Two nights after that when we closed the store for the night, he told me that even though he knew he told me that he didn't want to try stuff like that anymore, he had one more thing he wanted to do. After that, he leaned in for a kiss, which I was so relieved was what he wanted, and I went for it too. This is the first time I've ever kissed another guy also, and it felt so good to me.

A little over a week ago, I get a text from him saying that he's bored and wants me to come by the store and talk with him, so I told him that was cool with me and I headed over, considering I work only 8-10 minutes from home. While sitting next to me at the break room table, he texts me so no one else there would hear the conversation. He asks me if it would be alright to kiss me again, and upon reading that message which made my heart beat nearly out of my chest, I said yes. We eventually went to the backroom(in a section not seen by the cameras) a few minutes before closing, at which he proceeded to hold me against the wall (not forcefully at all though) and make out with me more intensely than the first time we did.

Now, to the past few days. We ended up getting each other some stuff for Christmas, so he told me to come by the store so that I could get my gift. He got me a shirt and some air fresheners which I loved, and I got him a gift card. He told me via text that he had a second "present" for me in the back room when the time came. Once again later that night, we went to the back room, and we made out for a bit again at first, which turned into us kissing each other's neck and he sort of bit mine a little. Then, he put his hand down my pants and starting jerking my "member", and told me wait for a bit and he'd be back. When he came back, he pulled my pants down again and gave me oral. I was extremely close to climaxing, but I was so relieved we cut our little meeting short before that would've happened, given that there was still another coworker outside smoking, and I couldn't exactly keep a full erection knowing I'm in a store with other people on the other side of the wall and in fear of being caught. He told me that he wants me and him to go somewhere some night where we'll have no interruption and be comfortable to do whatever.

To add just a few more details into the story, Ever since that first time we kissed, I went from liking or thinking I sorta/kinda liked him into full blown "I love this guy!" mode. This is the first sexual contact I've had with the same sex, and it felt amazing. I've kissed a few girls, and had nothing going on for me emotionally, and I knew this was a night and day difference, which has led me to be suspicious of myself, and recently I think that I may be gay instead of bisexual.

I mentioned way earlier that he has a girlfriend, which makes the situation far more complicated. He says at times how rocky their relationship is and how he wishes alot of things were different. I've spoken with a couple of friends and described the things that have happened between us and they are of the opinion that his girlfriend is a cover for his true feelings/orientation. Me and him have never talked about sexual orientation to each other not even once, I'm only open to a few people and I'd never told him before. Much less, we haven't told the other that we love each other or anything like that either.

How should I deal with this situation, and is there a number of things that could be learned from it? I think what I have learned so far is that I've told myself that I'm bi for a few years now and have been afraid for whatever reason to admit to my own self that I'm gay. The indications to me of this is that I've never had a butterflies-in-the-stomach feeling for a girl ever, but several guys have done that for me. When I daydream about my future and who I'd love to spend the rest of my life and live and travel with, it's always a guy. Given that we've made out passionately and he's done oral on me twice so far, if we do end up finding a more private and comfortable place to do whatever it is that we're going to do, it'll almost certainly lead to sex at some point and I should take the precautions.

#1 Harvey Dent, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  2. DietCoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is a tough one. First and foremost I'm not your mother so you do you. I just wonder how okay about being a part of his cheating you would be if he had a boyfriend instead of a girlfriend. Your friends who seem to not consider this cheating are wrong. It is cheating. He is with someone and you are aware of it and it's cheating. Him being confused about his sexuality does not justify him hurting someone else. I don't know this guy but allowing yourself to love somebody who is so selfish isn't going to end well for you. I'm not sure what your question is in all of this. As for your sexuality, I think it is good that you are becoming more self aware. I'd point out that being emotionally attracted to solely one gender doesn't necessarily mean that you're only sexually attracted to that gender but only you know what your orientation is. You know your feelings, the rest are all just adjectives.

3. DietCoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is a tough one. First and foremost I'm not your mother so you do you. I just wonder how okay about being a part of his cheating you would be if he had a boyfriend instead of a girlfriend. Your friends who seem to not consider this cheating are wrong. It is cheating. He is with someone and you are aware of it and it's cheating. Him being confused about his sexuality does not justify him hurting someone else. I don't know this guy but allowing yourself to love somebody who is so selfish isn't going to end well for you. I'm not sure what your question is in all of this. As for your sexuality, I think it is good that you are becoming more self aware. I'd point out that being emotionally attracted to solely one gender doesn't necessarily mean that you're only sexually attracted to that gender but only you know what your orientation is. You know your feelings, the rest are all just adjectives.

4. stumble along

Him having a girlfriend makes things extremely complicated. Your story is a good one, but you are "the other woman" and he is cheating on his girlfriend. Doesn't matter if things are rocky.

So first things first, you need to talk to him about that, because that's not cool. Preferably before you do anything else with him. He doesn't have to come roaring out of the closet but he does need to break it off with her for the sake of everyone involved. And this will open the Door to you two potentially dating as well.

As for identifying as gay from bi, you do you. People change over time, so does orientation and attraction.

5. Harvey Dent

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the advice on my post, The entirety of my post wasn't so much a question as it is what your take on the situation is. I appreciate the brutal honesty so far as well, the truth is what I need and not sugar coating to say the least.

6. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have something to say. I don't think it's good to have any sort of sex at your job where you can easily get caught. Second, you shouldn't mix business with pleasure, otherwise when and if you guys break it off, it'll get awkward at work.