1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a boyfriend but have fallen for lesbian coworker

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dirtyshirt84, Dec 24, 2015.

1. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a boyfriend and baby daughter and felt happy in my relationship until recently. I have become attracted to a girl I work with who is gay. She is also in a serious relationship. At first it was just a crush but now I think I really like her. I am bisexual although haven't told her this yet. I think she also likes me. I feel for some time now it has become something unspoken between us which we have both hinted at but not acknowledged. I don't know if I should tell her how I feel? Even to say while we are both in relationships nothing can happen? I work quite closely with her and don't want to make things awkward between us or potentially ruin a possible friendship.

2. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there,

I would recommend that you talk to your current partner about your feelings first and then take it from there. Try to go at it from an empathetic point of view: If it were the other way around, your boyfriend falling for a guy he worked with, what would he need to do in order for your trust to be maintained and your relationship honored if the tables were turned?

And then do that.

3. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, that is good advice. I hadn't really thought about it like that - how I would feel if it was the other way around. I think I have been focusing a lot of my emotional energy on her rather than my boyfriend, if that makes sense.