1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

presents' hidden meaning

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by VideoGAYmer, Dec 25, 2015.

1. VideoGAYmer

VideoGAYmer Guest

This Christmas, I didn't really get anything exiting but there was one present that I can't stop thinking about. So a friend of mine (lets call him Peter) got me a present which is strange already since he never gets me anything, I don't get him anything either so it's even. Anyway he got me the series of sekaiichi hatsukoi including OVA. If you don't know what it is, it's yaoi. If you don't know what that is, gay anime. Also the title means in English "the world's greatest first love".

I'm probably thinking about this too much but ever since my (former) best friend moved away last Friday I've been smothered by him and he won't leave me alone, not that I'm complaining. And one more thing, all that I know abouts his sexuality is, not straight.

I'm probably thinking about this too much but I just wanted to ventilate.

I swear, everyone I know is gay.

2. Esky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Not to be a downer, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. Alarm bells are certainly going off, but you should find some things out before you can safely reach a conclusion :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Is he a fan of anime and/or manga, and likely to know what the title means? Was it particularly clear from the packaging? It could have just been a rather unfortunate but well-intentioned choice on his part, knowing you liked stuff in that genre (I assume) and just grabbing one that caught his eye. And this is the first Christmas I've given and received gifts with friends too, and I'm certain none of them fancy me, so that's a good but not certain sign. But the present, the smothering and your knowledge of his sexuality might mean Peter does in fact like you :slight_smile: Whatever happens, enjoy the rest of your Christmas!

3. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He probably got it because he knew you are gay. I had a present that made me wonder if somebody told soembody....... but I stopped giving a fuck so I don't care. Anyways, yeah he knows most likely.

4. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Does Peter know you are gay? If so he may just be getting you yaoi on the assumption you enjoy it (because boy love).

Could you describe his smothering in more detail? Is he showering you with gifts every week?

5. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I will assume that he probably likes you, and that the present was a hint.

6. VideoGAYmer

VideoGAYmer Guest

I wish. What I.mean is he's not leaving me alone. We're always doing something together wether we're going to a fireworks display (admittedly it was quite fun), thrashing him on mortal combat even though it's like my 3rd time playing it ever or just going down the park.

Also, he doesn't know about my sexuality.

Around here anime and manga is very hard to come across, I own very little anime and all of it was brought online. He was the one who talked me onto learning Japanese and know just as much as me if not more so he would know what the title.means.