1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I pursue this guy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NotQuiteANerd97, Dec 26, 2015.

1. NotQuiteANerd97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a senior in high school. In junior high, I had a good friend who I haven't talked to in ages, but I'm still friends with on Facebook. It's been awhile since we've talked, but a while back I found out that he's gay. He was even in a relationship for awhile with a boy and I found out about it on my newsfeed. Well, he's single now, and my desire to test the waters with a male is growing. He's really attractive and seems like a great guy. I don't know if I wanna go long term, but it'd be cool to hang with him or perhaps experiment if he's willing. Should I message him sometime? Would it be weird? How should I go about inquiring about this stuff?

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try and rekindle your friendship and see what happens from there. If nothing else you'll have a friend

3. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why wouldn't you message him? At least you can make a gay friend ...

I would start with trying to rekindle the friendship: Remember me from junior high? It's been awhile, and I have some exciting news to share. Do you want to do X sometime and catch up? <where X is something fun and public like coffee, lunch etc.> Whether you come out in person or via message is up to you.