1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

attraction or feeling towards male friends?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ECMember, Dec 26, 2015.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've touched on this on another thread but I'm posting it here because I wanted some feedback on it from different people. I mentioned on it how it happens, but I never really received why it happens.

Like I've said before I'm a 24 year old Hispanic guy and I'm from Texas--South Texas to be exact. Anyway, it's been recently that I've came out and admitted to myself that I'm bi curious.

The "feeling" I describe as a mixture of platonic/emotional/sexual feelings towards specific close male friends. The platonic/emotional/sexual feelings vary at times.

The specific close male friends I've felt some "feelings" towards have been for the most part White, youngish/boyish, blonde or dirty blonde/grey haired, middle to upper class, not really preppy.

As I've said in previous posts, the feelings started when I had roomed in a hotel with a guy named AM in August of 2010. And he was this rich White blonde haired kid from Northern VA. I was this lower income Hispanic kid from South Texas. And we were about to start our first semester of college at this private college in Dallas-Ft.Worth.

I felt acceptance and stuff that this kid saw me as an equal because when I was around that area a month and a half prior, I felt like I didn't receive that acceptance. It's hard to describe the feelings I had because I felt some platonic feelings that were strong, it didn't seem emotional or sexual at the time but it took a while to grow.

It's hard to define it as a feeling or an attraction because I've felt a preference or inclination towards 18-21 youngish looking White blonde, middle-upper class guys. I mean I'm unsure if it some internal racism or something because most of the guy friends I've had the past 5 years have been White for the most part. Maybe it's my attempt to "whiten" myself, I don't know. Or maybe I've had the mental image in my mind that this is my type that I like or maybe it's all three.

I'm just new to all this and I just wanted some feedback. I'm unsure why I've had feelings towards close male friends like that--or towards guys that fit that type I like. Because I've noticed I'm beginning to have some preference towards any guy that fits that type or close to it.

I don't consider myself gay as I do prefer women, but I'm noticing that whenever I'm not near the close male friends that fit my preference those feelings or transferred towards guys that fit my preference I encounter.

So I'm unsure if I'm becoming bi sexual or borderline bi sexual?

I'm unsure why I have some preference towards White guy and youngish ones. I've theorized maybe because I'm 24, I want to cling to be young for a while and also I didn't really have a good time when I was 18-21 that much. I've had a thought it's about "Being young." It's hard to explain. Maybe some guys could provide feedback on that too.