1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to out yourself to a friend/tell them you're interested in them?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by yellow2002, Dec 26, 2015.

1. yellow2002

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Title says it all.

I'm practically in love with a queer friend of mine. She's awesome and very open about herself. She's been really a huge support of mine after I moved from home and started a new everything. I've gotten some signals from her that she might be interested/testing my reaction, but she thinks I'm straight so I feel really awkward.

I want to talk to her about it all, but I don't want to just dump everything out. I also don't want to be hella wrong about her feelings towards me and risk losing her (I honestly think she'd be okay with me whether she feels the same way or not, but I wouldn't be able to face her right away and would need distance). We're neighbors too with mutual friends, so we see each other all the time, whether we're alone or not.

So...what's the best way to go about this situation? Any pointers or stories people can share? :confused2:

2. Distant Echo

Mention female celebrities that you find attractive? Comment on a passing woman, cute ass, like the way she walks lol.
    She's queer. Take a chance :wink:

3. yellow2002

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf

I don't want to say cute ass haha

I'm really open about casual attraction (if i see a cute guy or girl, i'll comment, but never sexually aggressive).

can i compliment her without being creepy?:help:

4. idsm

When you are alone with her, initiate an LGBT conversation. Perhaps jokingly ask her if she has a love interest at the moment. Then ask her how she knew and was sure she was queer. After that it´s pretty easy to let slip that you are questioning yourself (hence all the questions and the interest).

If you want to go even further, ask her how you could let someone know that you are interested in them. Then do to her whatever she told you she would do! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously, having a crush on a queer person should be rather easy. Even if she´s not interested in that way, she can at least be understanding. She´s been there too.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 29th Dec 2015 at 03:45 AM ----------

Last minute thought.

Just send her a link to all of your threads here!
    Especially the first one!!! (!)(!)

5. yellow2002

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :jawdrop::laugh:

Send her a link! That is as funny as it is awesome lol. I'm much better at written words than spoken words, so maybe my awkward self should consider the link :rolle:

I was thinking of bringing up the "how did you know..." conversation, but she told me she basically came out of the womb and had a sense of being different (even her parents had an idea, i think).

I was planning on speaking to someone else (mutual acquaintance) we share since she was a later in life lgbt person. Maybe I'll say "I was gonna speak with ____ about her experience since I've been thinking a lot about blah, blah, blah" and see what comes of that?

:shrug: