1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrated with situation

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dezzysgurl, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Dezzysgurl

Ugh, Where do I start?

So me and my GF are in a long distance relationship. It's hard, but we make it work. We text each other pretty much every day. The problem is, She and I both really want to talk on the phone and skype/video chat more. She's out, and has been out since middle school. I, on the otherhand, am buried deep in the closet, and I CAN'T come out for at least another year, maybe two. My family will FLIP when they find out (Which is kind of an understatement...). Which means less time talking with girlfriend, which makes me sad. :frowning2:

At first it didn't bother me so much, but now that we're so close I really DO want to be able to call her whenever, or skype at night. And it frustrates her too. She understands though. But I guess, if it makes any sense, how can I make this work? I try to set it up so we can call before/after work (Benefits of working in a boutique in the mall! :icon_bigg ), but is there anything else I can do? Another opportunity I am missing? I'm in between semesters, so when school starts I will have more alone time then (maybe). But is there any way other than what I have in place now? Or am I sort of stuck? :confused: