1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

But he knows how I feel...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Hello There, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Hello There

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey, long time since I've been on this site but I really don't know where to go with this issue. Basically it's the good old story of being in love with my best friend only this time I feel like he's been sending me mixed signals lately...

It all started when I was drunk and told him how I feel, which he wanted to talk about but I just kept avoiding the issue and just got really scared of losing the friendship we've had since we were about 5 years old. A couple of months later I got drunk and told him again but he just got annoyed and said he didn't want to hear it (can't say I blame him after the first time). Then one day I plucked up the courage to tell him (well text him) sober which he replied with 'we'll talk in person' so the next day we spoke, he was really nice about it and said he'd do what he could to help me get past it but he didn't feel the same way, we even joke about it now. In the end I began seeing other people and moving on whilst having to listen to him tell me about how he gets treated really badly by guys he dates and stuff but being best friends we confide in eachother about things like that.

My issue now is a couple of days ago we got drunk and all of a sudden he started spilling out how I'm the best person he knows and how I'm always there for him and even started saying things like 'if we were together' and there was a lot of hugging and 'I love you's said, he even went on saying how we're going to be stuck with each other forever and even people who he goes out with won't replace me and I'll always be the most important person to him. He lost his phone so our conversation got cut short and we went on a hunt for it but when he couldn't find it he just went home but I think if that didn't happen something would have happened that night and its just sparked feelings up for me again. He knows how I feel about him but claims he doesn't feel the same way but it seemed to me he was asking for something that night and I don't know what to... I spoke to him the next day but he seemed to disregard it all, I even joked that he was trying to get me to bed that night and he just blew it off but we haven't spoke since. I don't know if I can take rejection from him again but I feel like he's been sending me mixed signals.

Should I tell him that what he said and how he acted has made me feel for him again?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any insight would be greatly appreciated.