1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still Not Fully Used To Being "Out"

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Contact1111, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm starting to see that my family is wanting to be accepting of my sexuality, but I still have to admit I have a certain degree of nervousness about where things are headed. They haven't shown any signs of wanting to shun away from me because of this or really done anything wrong, but I have to admit I still get nervous. I haven't been out for very long really, it's been about nine months..... but some of that time I wasn't that definitive about it. So, the whole feeling of being out in the open about it is somewhat new to me. My family has admitted that they feel "unsettled" hearing about my sexuality and that they'd feel more "unsettled" should I ever be with another guy. They also said I have to be living on my own to "make these decisions", which I don't really have a problem with. They've said that they will always love and support me though, so I can see that they want to get along with me. They haven't turned hostile or anything towards me, so I believe them that they want to keep getting along with me. It's a little nerve wracking though, because being open about sexuality is unfamiliar and foreign to me. I will admit that I still have a fear of shit hitting the fan with them and going sour, even though the things they have said about this would tell me that's not the case. On the other hand, I do feel better about being open. I don't feel like I am harboring a secret, which is a big step in the right direction. I still have worries of ending up isolated and alienated because of this. I still worry sometimes that it could make it more difficult for me to make friends or be involved in a relationship if people know about this. On the other hand, I feel very comfortable with myself personally now. I don't feel uncomfortable with my sexuality at all anymore, and I feel that coming out has been helpful in that process. It's just still worry about how I will navigate the world and interact with others.

2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why don't you try Blogging? Not to sounds offensive, but some of your posts don't sound like you are asking for advice or anything. They sound like you are posting your emotions and feelings. I personally feel Blog posts suit those type of threads perfectly. :slight_smile:

3. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree. Try blogging b/c this post isn't asking for advice.