1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitter over my ex.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Saturn2, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Saturn2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hey so whats your take on this?
    where to begin?? First of all, I was very emotionally invested in her, which is out of character for me since I don't wear my heart on my sleeve, but she pulled that side of me out. I considered her my girlfriend since we would always get intimate and she even told me not to flirt with other people and stuff.
    About 2 month into our "relationship" her ex came back into the picture. A little backstory on the ex, she and her ex broke up 2 months before meeting me and they dated for 2 years!! I didn't know that at first. Her ex was also emotionally abusive and a cheater. So, when her ex came into the picture I felt really uncomfortable and told her I'd prefer if she didn't speak to her. I didn't want to seem demanding and forceful and make her stop talking to her, but I just let her know it made me uneasy. She continued to talk to her...
    It was also almost a dealbreaker for her that I didn't play videogames! She would beg me to try and I would to try to make her happy. She would always say videogames are important and make her happy. I have interests too, but whenever I would ask her to try my interests she wouldn't even attempt she was always "too tired"...
    As time went by I became very irritated and frustrated by her selfishness in a relationship. I snooped on her facebook (guilty) and found out she cheated on me so I cut her off in August. I know it's a long time. I'm just so angry. It's not the situation where I want her back blah blah. it's just straight up anger I feel.Everything she told ME NOT TO DO she did. Makes me wonder if her ex was the emotionally abusive one or her. I may not have been abused, but I was manipulated for sure...When I stopped talking to her, she never tried to contact me to ask where I was and why I abruptly ended our communications. She didn't care.
    To top it all off she has a new girlfriend, I shouldn't be suprised. I'm still sitting here angry unable to get over the fact that I actually opened up just to be manipulated and lied to. That's why I never usually open up. (pity party over )

sorry if it was long... I could put so much more,

2. McFlub

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think it's important to acknowledge that you did the right thing by cutting her off. I see no reason why you should keep someone in your life that would wrong you with no apparent remorse.

That said, it's only natural for feelings to resurface over something, especially this girl who you felt so strongly about. My only advice is don't let it consume you. Experience the feeling and move on, don't dwell on it and allow it to hurt you any more than it has to.

Hope that helps!