1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what I should do

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thediaryofweird, Dec 28, 2015.

1. thediaryofweird

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone, this might be long so I apologize for making you read so much!

I'm new to this site, and I think the idea of having people who might be going through similar situations as myself lend me a hand is great. So here's my situation: I'm eighteen years old, started University this past September. I met a great girl who I believe I'm liking every day more and more. She's eighteen as well, we have five classes together so I see her every day of the week. We became close friends within a small group of people and we all have the same major. We've grown closer since around November, talking more in class and having lunches and sharing our free periods together, but usually with a third person. After a while, we started texting. Non-stop texting until the wee bit hours, we go to bed after having a cliché "No, you stop texting first" five minute goodbye, and then pick up the conversation when we woke up. We talk about anything and everything, from religion, to school, to teachers, to what we wanted to do, favorite series, and everything in between. She added me on most social websites, and comments on everything I post. We've gone out with our group, and she usually catches a ride with me and I treasure the one on one time we get while I drive to our destination. It includes mostly laughter, sometimes she'll pick on my music taste, but mostly we sing along because we have similar tastes in songs. Now, this girl is not your average beautiful girl, she's very natural and her style is definitely tomboyish. She's also all about the "tough" image, as she's not very affectionate and it's hard to get a compliment out of her. I don't want to rush anything, as she has mentioned being very involved with her Christian church. It might not change things, but it also might change everything. I've decided to wait a few months to see where things go, and how I feel. She hasn't flirted explicitly, but I feel like she's been hinting very subtly. She told a guy friend who was hitting on her that she's not the person to talk to someone every day as a way of getting him off her back, but then I thought "she does talk to me every day". She might see me as a friend, she might not (I don't have friends who talk to me all through the night until 7 a.m. the next morning). I guess the question is, with the details I've provided, what are your guys opinions? Do you think I should just ask her what's up, or should I wait and see if she tells me? I've resisted flirting or giving away too much because I don't want to scare her off, but I also fear that by not picking up these subtle flirts she'll think I'm not interested (if she even is interested). I'll stop here, as I'm starting to confuse even myself! Haha, thank you for reading. :icon_bigg

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I'm going to be honest, it seems to me you were describing a typical relationship. One that's great and awesome, but one thing could turn it bad. If you talk about everything, is it possible to start a religious conversation and then weave into LGBT, asking about her position along the way?

3. thediaryofweird

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

We have talked about religion, and she said her church "accepts them and doesn't judge" but she changed the subject quickly, so I just took the hint and left it alone.

Thanks for answering!