1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best friend trying to out me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by oliolioli, Dec 29, 2015.

1. oliolioli

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So my best friend and I have long joked that we are a gay couple. Recently, I started questioning my own sexuality and realised that I am likely not heterosexual. I kept up with the gay couple jokes, just because I wasn't sure of my orientation, and wanted to keep things normal.

Even before I began questioning, I would express my "love" for a couple of actors (who are relatively unknown) and their work. The two actors I particularly love, and have no shame in loving, are bisexual and homosexual. Recently I was talking about one of them, and my best friend made a comment "the more you love {actor name} the more I think you're a lesbian"

OKAY. SUPER TAKEN ABACK BY THAT ONE? It definitely felt like one of those questions that was digging for a response.

Should probably let you know: my best friend is my crush, she has asked to make out with me on a number of occasions, we've made out once, and last time I saw her, she was definitely trying to make out with me again. We've always had a bit of a flirty thing going on, but sometimes I'm not sure if it's flirting or just close friendship.

Sorry for the rant, but is she actually trying to out me? Or is she trying to gauge my response? This whole this is annoying. What should I do if she brings it up again? I'm still not 100% sure with my orientation, I think I'm somewhere on the spectrum but not ready to come out yet. SOS. Any help would be appreciated.

#1 oliolioli, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  2. stumble along

She's not trying to out you but she's definitely fishing. If you two have made out and hang out often then maybe she's feeling for you as well and trying to gauge

3. confusedbubble

She's not trying to out you it sounds like she's in to you and is trying to gauge your sexuality to see if she has a chance with you.
    Is she out? You say she asks you next time she asks you if you were you could say something like " why? What if I were" you aren't coming out as such you're just asking her what if you were.
    Either that of next time she trys to make out with you you could just go with the flow and ask her where it leaves you both

#3 confusedbubble, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  4. oliolioli

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    She's not out. I don't know what she is. I think that we both know we both are into each other, but neither of us really wants to make a proper move.

I've thought about saying something to her, but I don't really know what I would want to happen. Thanks guys for your thoughts!

5. confusedbubble

She sounds like she's trying to gauge you next time she asks to make out with you I think you need to aask where it leaves you both and what happens next. I know you're scared but please say something to her before you both move on and loose each other for good..... you could even ask what she thinks about the lbgt culture Try get info on her sexuality