1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I talk to my parents & friends?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by purplekitten5, Dec 31, 2015.

1. purplekitten5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am bi... which is a huge issue for my family (who doesn't know and wouldn't be supportive). I have been in the closest for 4 years, almost 5, and I have had no one to talk to/share this with. When I tried to tell someone I trusted, and they've never spoken to me since. They just sent me a bible verse, said they hope I "saw the right path" and were gone. My parents would either send me to talk with people at church or completely ignore me if I came out and confessed.

Because I haven't been able to share anything, I'm able to identify as bi, and it's really effected me with dating. Because I want to be with someone who knows the truth. Help, advice please?

2. Ravi-VIXX777

Hi, welcome to EC!

As for advice, do you have any friends who are LGBT or LGBT friendly? Knowing your age might help give better advice. As for seeing people, why not try finding people online or seeing if you have any LGBT clubs or communities nearby. Some online dating sites might help such as ******* if you're willing to try.