1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I really like him? How can I tell?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by usagi, Jan 2, 2016.

1. usagi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I always feel confused when it comes to dating and liking someone might not mean actually liking them in that way.
    It also tends to get hard because people view certain actions differently. There isn't just one set of rules when it comes to dating especially in the gay world in my opinion.

I want to make sure my brain isn't Fabricating a romantic attraction and would like to hear some of your thoughts on the topic.

How do you distinguish between romantic like and like as in, I like you as a friend?

2. NateC7

That is an excellent question. You could start by deciding if certain gestures are ones that a friend would do to another friend? Snuggling up next to each other on the couch is usually a sign of a close friendship. Though more romantic gestures might involve affectionate touching.. I'm not an expert so don't take my word on it. I'm just saying what makes sense to me. I hope this helps a little :slight_smile:

3. lilgoldfish

Out Status:
    A few people
    Usually, I try to picture what I want to do with said person. If that happens to match up with what I define being "romantic" is, I usually take it as a sign that I might be interested in them. If you picture yourself doing more friendly things, I'd say that you could be romanticizing things. It really depends.

4. Ravi-VIXX777

Sometimes, the best way to differentiate what something is, is to examine what that something isn't. In other words, try making a checklist of things you DONT feel for someone you might like.

5. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    To me, romantic is like kissing, cuddling, flirting, sensual
    Friendly is like having fun, hanging out, horsing around

6. mangotree

Romantic like for me is - When they're not around, and I think about them, and I can't help but smile big.

Sometimes there's also a thought of "I wonder what he/she looks like naked". (assuming I haven't already seen them naked)

Those 2 things wouldn't normally occur with a friend.

7. NateC7

I don't know, I mean I smile big when I think about my friends. I mean friendship means quite a lot to me, and just thinking about them makes me really really happy. And I say this for all of my close friends. Do I feel romantic attraction to them? No. I just care a lot about them.