1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed Orientation Marriage Problem-being outed

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GatheredStatice, Jan 2, 2016.

1. GatheredStatice

So I started this as a blog, but I'm looking for advice as to how to confront my straight husband about this without being :***: over it.
    Background:I'm 36, I've been married for 18 years. I came out as bisexual to him 6 years ago, but in the last month admitted to him that I am leaning closer to lesbian. (I am still :***: confused.) We have agreed to stay together at least a year because of our kids and I have one year left until I finish my degree.

Here is the problem*****************************
    Today, my husband went to get his hair cut.
    When he got back, he told me who the stylist was, the usual friendly and talkative one, AKA gossipy one.
    She asked him how his New Year went. He responded by telling her that he had to work. She asked if he enjoyed Christmas and got anything interesting.
    He hesitated and replied, "well, it was interesting".
    She asked, "so what was it?". He said, "I found out that my wife is a lesbian."
    While I have my head face-planted on the dining-room table, my husband finishes his account.
    He continues on about how the stylist dropped the clippers in his lap and spent the rest of the time grappling for words but mostly stuttering "ummm & ehhh".
    When the tale is done, I just walk away and start to make dinner because it was close enough to start and I didn't know how to react.
    I was just outed......
    Yeah, he has the right to say "hey, guess what? I'm married to a lesbian." His life....He wants to be open about being in a mixed orientation marriage, that is his right.
    But we live in small town Oklahoma. This means I have to be out too....and I'm not ready.
    So I really just want to blow up and yell at him.:tantrum:

I have a part-time job with a religious org that will fire me when this gets back to them. (And it will get back to them....the stereotype of small town salons is so true here....)
    I am still questioning a lot of things about my orientation, no where in a place to be publicly out about it.

#1 GatheredStatice, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016