1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Overthinking This?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Shabang, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Shabang

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A friend of mine had me over the other day, nothing was really out of the ordinary we just played on games, watched TV, ordered takeaway and it got late so I stayed over on his sofa. The next day was pretty much the same, I'd decided to stay another night and we watched movies until late. We were sitting either end of the sofa watching the TV when all of a sudden he spread his legs quite wide until they were slightly on my side of where I was sitting, I didn't think nothing of it until I seen out of the corner of my eye he kept glancing at me (he could have just been checking to see if I was asleep so again still didn't think much of it). After a couple of minutes he put his legs up on the sofa and kept edging them closer to me, again glancing every so often, until his foot was against my leg and there was a slight nudge as well here and there. I assumed it was all quite innocent until I really thought about it, even when I didn't respond in any way he seemed to keep trying to get in my personal space, and getting a bit of contact here and there and still kept glancing every so often. Am I overthinking all of this or was he maybe trying to do something?

A quick back story, we've been friends for a really long time, our families are quite close so pretty much since we were kids and when we were young we did used to do experimental stuff but as far as I know he is straight, but this isn't the first time he has been kind of touchy and stuff it's just the first time I've thought it could be more than nothing.

Thanks for reading.

2. NateC7

He could just be trying to simply be close to you as a friend. I wouldn't think too much into it just yet. He might even end up saying something about it. If he's close to you chances are he probably will tell you if he's having feelings or something. Those are just my thoughts. Hope it helps a little :slight_smile:

3. Shabang

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm just confused because it's only lately it's happening (that I've noticed anyway) but he doesn't really talk about things like that with me, he's quite closed when it comes to feelings about me or anyone really. He could just want to be close as my friend so I will try to think less of it for now :slight_smile:

4. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think the weird part is, as you have pointed out, that he kept glancing at you. I think if it had been casual platonic behaviour he wouldn't have done it..
    Maybe you could just let the subject slip into one of your conversations? Maybe make a comment about what he thinks of a male actor or a guy that walks by and just see how he reacts.
    Other than that I would just wait and see because otherwise it might get pretty awkward for you two.

5. Shabang

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The glances are what got me thinking it was it was more than innocent touches. He is open minded enough to say if a guy is attractive, I've had conversations about guys with him before even played 'who would you rather' with him and involved guys and he was curious about what guys I was into when I first came out, he's actually the only straight guy friend I feel 100% comfortable and open with about my sexuality which is weird coz he was quite homophobic when he was younger lol.