1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Some Help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JAA1297, Jan 4, 2016.

1. JAA1297

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

I'm in 11th grade in high school and I found out I was gay about 2 months ago. For all my life, I've never been able to make friends. I've always been alone. But now more than ever, I really needed a friend to talk to. The thing is, I'm really socially awkward and have no idea how to make friends. I mean, I have one friend, but he only talks to me because I write his English papers for him. I made a previous post about something that happened to me when I tried to make friends with an openly gay kid at my school and how that failed miserably. But I feel like there's something wrong with me—I mean, how hard is it to make a friend? Just someone to talk to? If a gay kid rejected me, how will anyone be willing to help me? He had the power to completely make a difference for me. I just feel so hopeless and lost, and I really don't know what to do, if that makes sense. I'm really good at subconsciously convincing myself that I'm ok and I don't really feel much pain at the whole situations but I can't keep holding it in—I feel like all the sadness and loneliness from my whole life is spilling out of me, compounded by the fact that I now know I'm gay. I really wish there was a way to fix all of this and live normally...

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest