1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do sexual thoughts affect your relationship with male friends you're attracted to?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chromedome, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There are friends I find zero percent sexy and some I find 100% It really has me thinking what my intentions are.

2. The Falcon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Re: Do sexual thoughts affect your relationship with male friends you're attracted to

I've had the same doubts... It is strange. I guess I discard them...

I've never said this to anyone, but my best friend, like the guy that knows everything there is to know about me, he is very handsome, smart. He has a stunning smile. But he lives in Paris... So I don't see him too often. I have no sexual feelings what-so-ever. But he comes from Paris for a visit every half-a-year or so. And every time I am with him, I feel weird, I feel like I am not as beautiful as he is, but it is not jealousy, just something... Or once we were at a dinner party and he was next to me and I just felt very safe and protected. I felt whole I guess.

I have mostly guy friends I think and I enjoy their presence more. I like being with them. Just the talks and the jokes, everything... It seems so good. With girls it is just flat, nothing.

I don't know... Maybe I am overthinking it... I guess the sexual feelings are normal. You like men, so you are attracted to men... I guess you have to worry a bit if you start having romantic thoughts about the friend... At that point you should re-think your relationship.

3. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Do sexual thoughts affect your relationship with male friends you're attracted to

Fortunately for me...no. I was definitely attracted to plenty of Male (Straight) friends over the years, But I never had any sexual thoughts towards them, nor have I fantasized about them ever.

4. j0hn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

LMAO well chances are that attraction drew you to them in the first place. I suppose if you want to understand your intentions you ought to ask yourself, "What makes you stay?" I mean if they're an awesome guy and you two click, have fun and hang out then that's a good relationship. If you're not satisfied with your interactions but like being around him just to be around him, then that probably isn't the best fit for you.

As for if it affected a relationship i had with a Straight male friend, honestly no I decided to keep my deeper affections to myself and focus on a platonic relationship. My friend knew i was gay and had no problem with it all, amen. ugh.. it gets hard though (badumTSSK) because we work out together sometimes and yeah.. but hey! It's all good

5. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Yes and no. It doesn't really have any impact on the friendship, per say. However, there could be moments when sexual thoughts begin to come up while hanging out with them. Normally, this is not a problem for me at all. However, I did have a thing for a friend of mine who I would buy weed from all the time. We'd always get high together a lot, and when high it made me feel kind of awkward at times. He was straight, and he probably would have been freaked out by it if he knew I thought about him like that. So, I'd be paranoid I was giving off signals. I wasn't though, but the stoned paranoia just got me thinking I was. That was definitely uncomfortable, and I even ended up leaving his house while stoned a few times due to the paranoia about this. While sober though, this has never had any impact on my platonic friendships. Even while high, it didn't really affect the friendship, but it led to an uncomfortable feeling.