1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can never tell someone I love them again

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sion, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Sion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey Empty Closets,

In the summer of 2015 I posted my situation I was having with my friend and had much support from you all and for that I thank you. (Find the OP on my profile)

I thought that me opening up to him and telling him how I truly felt would solve the problems I had, and I did... until it all went downhill.

Basically a week after I messaged him my true feelings, I got a message from his GF and one of my best friends saying how she found the messages. I played dumb and she clarified my fears. I rang up the guy and demanded why she was checking through "our" messages, he said he had no idea and then shouted her name as I put the phone down. He rings me back up, explains how he didn't know she was on his phone and said we'd sort it out tomorrow, I was crying and he said "we need to make you happy again" which I liked from him. 5 minutes later, he snaps me saying that this shit really needs to get sorted out and you need to move on.

Now, I have another friend, let's call her J and before I knew J, she was best friends with his GF. Months before I told the truth about my feelings, I told J as a vent. Of course, GF and J been such good friends, GF went to J telling her what she found. I get a phone call from J telling me never to get her involved in my shit again as she told GF she already knew and went into a mood. After like 3 days of fighting between the 4 of us (we like the call ourselves the Colony) we meet up to have it out. Instead we don't, we meet up, drink and smoke and pretend like nothing has happened. I go back to been friends with both J and GF and atleast thought I was with my friend.

Apparently not. My friend began been distant with me, acting snide and always going against something I said. He insulted mine and Js friendship saying that we dominate over the group and that we've got too much in common, we don't. I ask why he's been like this, he seems to answer truthfully and we go back to how we were.

The 4 of us go to see our favourite band, The 1975 and we all loved it and I thought that all this stuff was behind us.

Then my friend starts been off again. I ignore it. He refuses to come see me and J on a weekend anymore, opting instead to "chill out" with GF, which hurts J because GF doesn't seem to care, or maybe because I was always with J I don't know. After weeks of this behaviour, I confront him. I ask him why he's been distant again, ask him to just stop been like he is. He takes that as an insult to his relationship which is bollocks, by this point I'd pretty much moved on. He then says "ever since you confessed your true feelings you've been weak and bitchy and I'm sick of it". To that, I reply "we're never gonna change? Heh, I know people change man but you've turned into a dick". He says I should stop trying so hard to be his friend and maybe he'd feel close to me again, but by this time I just can't be arsed with him anymore and what he said about a subject such as love in such a passive and dickish manner made me mad with him. I don't speak to him, block him on snapchat. He then gets a friend we share indirectly involved by telling him to tell me a message of how pathetic I am etc etc. That's not fair on him or my other friend.

I then have to go to Js 18th, GF and him are there, I speak with GF, obviously she knows what's happened between me and my friend. I ask if we're good. "No, you've caused a lot of shit" I leave it. Several drinks later she returns and tries to start an argument with me. She doesn't understand how I had to tell my friend how I felt to move on, believed I had ulterior motives and didn't take her feelings into account at all (I get that bit, but the other bit is just terrible). I reply with the fact she shouldn't have been going through our messages and that we'd all be fine and dandy if she hadn't have been so nosy.

And so now we're here. Apparently she had "long and deep rooted resentment" ever since she read the messages, despite how you we all went to see The 1975 together and hung out every week. Two faced people man.

I'm not asking for any help, I'm hurt by the loss of two friendships but I feel as though I'd be mentally better off without them in my life, I had no idea they felt that way about me for at least 6 months. I just wanted to conclude my previous thread. I genuinely thought everything would be find after I told him. I don't think I'll ever be able to tell someone I love them again, if I knew the consequences I wouldn't have.

Seeing a band together In November and enemies by December... wtf

#1 Sion, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  2. Nick123

Planet Earth (More specifically in Greece)
    I am a little bit confused because it's a little bit big post. But...

First of all you need some hugs (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*). You went through a lot.

Unfortunately some relationships are abusive . I am so sorry that you've lost two close friends and they sold you like this. I know from personal experience how hard is to care for someone and he/she just don't. But you have to love again. Don't be afraid but be careful not to love wrong persons.

I am really sorry. I can only give you a bunch of virtual hugs but i am pretty sure you need real hugs. You are not alone. (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

Stay strong my friend.

#2 Nick123, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016