1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just A Random Thing I Noticed

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Contact1111, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, this isn't what you may be thinking on here. To be honest, I'm not necessarily thinking it has anything to do with having come out. I really have no idea why this is the case, but it is something I have noticed for a few months now. She isn't hostile or angry with me most of the time. Sometimes, we even get along fine, it seems. However, when I first came home from college, every night she would hug me goodnight. Now, in the past several months, she doesn't. She'll still say "love you" and things like that, but she never hugs me goodnight anymore. She used to all the time, but now she doesn't. It's just weird, because I can remember her always doing that when I first came down she would every night. Now, it's a rare thing. I just don't understand this. I know I'm posting it on here, just because I didn't know where else to say anything about it. I don't think it has anything to do with my having come out though, truthfully. It's been the case for quite a while though, and it's just odd the way it changed like that.

2. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Is it really that weird? She probably hugged you more often as you came home from college, but now you two are more use to each other's presence. You know that things change all the time despite your existence, I'm sure it's nothing personal or conscious. If you don't like the change, then why not ask her. If it's just something that you noticed, then I think you should try not to ruminate on it.

3. Bibliovian

I agree with AlmostBlue when he says why not ask her. My partner told me that at some point she started to realize her entire family had stopped saying I love you. Eventually she e-mailed them and said "It's important to me to continue saying it, so I'm going to." They say it all the time.

Likewise when I noticed differences in my parents and how they treat her compared to others, I have called them out. They never realized they made a change. But they immediately acknowledged and changed that behavior.