1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparking a connection

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by treasure1996, Jan 5, 2016.

1. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've recently realised I'm a lesbian after years of denial
    However I am not out, but I'm not hiding so to say... as in if someone where to seriously ask me if I liked girls I'd probably say yeah and Ive started dressing how I've always wanted too which is more comfortable for me etc.

Anywho I don't know if anyone knows or even assumes I'm gay, they probably do but when your in the closet you sort of assume no one knows.
    So I'm going out this weekend with a couple of friends, one of the girls I'm not really friends with and haven't seen in ages, anyway she's gay and I used to have a crush on her years ago in my freshman year of high school but she never knew and I always avoided her and we never spoke.
    I really want her to somehow know I'm gay, or I just want something to happen between us or become really good friends as I'm really attracted to her. What I'm trying to say is I want her to like me, she has a really good personality and sense of humour but she doesn't know my personality as I was always shy around her

Any advice?

2. NateC7

The best thing to do in my opinion is to make friends with her first. If you don't know her all that well already then get to know her. Start a convo, anything. I wouldn't do any foreplay or something because you don't want to freak her out if she's not ready for that. But just get to know her as a friend first and start opening up to her. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

3. Really

Maybe you can casually make some sort of "in joke". That is, one that she would get as a gay person but straight people wouldn't get. I'm not sure what but if you're comfortable making quips, this might be a way for her to take notice.

I think if you're shy, it might work particularly well because she wouldn't be expecting it from you so it would be all that more remarkable.

My $.02 :slight_smile:

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could always ask her if she's seeing anyone, or give her a compliment; that should break the ice. There was this girl who I liked in high school, but I never told her and later on I found out that she's gay!! I couldn't believe it because she was so against same sex relationships while in school, but she could have just been scared. If given the opportunity ever again, I'd tell her in a heart beat, so please don't let this girl get away without at least getting her number :thumbsup:

#4 pinklov3ly, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016