1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HUGE crush on my straight friend!!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by R M, Jan 5, 2016.

1. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Crush on one of my best friends!
    I've had this crush on a guy I know for almost 4 years now. When I knew him for like 2 years, I started to get the biggest crush on him. He's so cute and sooo nice to everyone. In the beginning it wasn't such a problem, because I didn't really hang out with him much. This year we've become really good friends and got really close. BUT I still have a crush on him and it's bigger then ever!!! I know he wouldn't get mad or anything if he knew what I felt for him, but I can't seem to get rid of the crush I have on him. I always hoped he'd might be interested, because he's very open to people with different sexualities and stuff.
    But I highly doubt it and I need some advice so that I won't do anyting stupid like trying to hug him or something stupid like that. If he found out, he wouldn't think any different of me or anything, but it's so embarrassing to tell! I also have the urge to tell him but that would make things so awkward!

Sorry for the long story-thingy

Anyone got some, tips/personal stories/ideas/thoughts, regarding my situation?
    Thanks in advance!

2. NateC7

I've kinda been in your situation except it was only a small crush. But my sister suggested that I ask myself if it's really romantic or sexual. So I did. Then I realized I just appreciated how lucky I was to have her as my best friend. So it may just be admiration for someone you care a lot about. Ask if you want to have sex with him, kiss him, hold his hand, etc. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

3. YinYang

I totally get what you're going through; I had a huge crush on my best friend for about a year or so. I would get jealous when she hung out with other people and I even got kinda depressed when she kissed a guy. I ended up confessing to her. She didn't feel the same way, but we are still wonderful friends. What helped me get rid of my crush was to spend some time away from her and not think about her. I hung out with my other friends and kept my mind off of things and, eventually, the crush faded away. Telling him might help too because, while it does hurt, being rejected helped me move on. I knew it would never happen and knowing that helped me, even if it did hurt at first.

4. BookWriter1994

So I am kind of in the same boat as you. I have a slight crush on my female co-worker. Her name is Erika. I know that there's no way she would go out with me because hello! she is straight and is also married!

So, I had talked to my lesbian friend named Sam and she told me the best way to get over a straight crush is to tell yourself that it's not going to work because she's straight. That's all you have to do. Sorry that you are going through and I know it sucks. My crush did went away, but my stomach do weird stuff whenever I am around her most times.

5. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thank you guys for the help. And NateC7, it really is a huge crush. I had a crush on him before i even came so close to him. I want to be in a relationship with him, and I accepted it will never happen, but the crush just got worse! I even had the urge to hug him the other day! That's why I'm so scared that I will do something stupid. Thanks again, i just hope it goes away soon, or I might get the urge to tel him.

6. Methrandir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Really if hes straight the only option would be to try and get on with it and get over him.

7. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

8. j0hn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lol kiddo it's a crush not a lifetime commitment. If you've objectively assessed him and you know he won't try to pommel you after you express yourself.. I say honesty is the best policy. Get it off your chest when the time and moment is right. Tact and timing is key! Talk with him about it. In the end better to day you tried and failed than to wonder "what if.."

9. JiminyJordy

JiminyJordy Guest

I know you mentioned a hug possibly being awkward but I think that's the very thing you should do. Just one day walk up to him and embrace the heck out of him. You mentioned him being accepting of people with various sexualities, that's a big plus as well. You never know what you'll get with this guy. He may be the type that doesn't mind to transition into accepting feelings that are unfamiliar to him.

He doesn't sound like the type that will write you off if you do something strange so don't stress over losing a friend.

10. whatdoIneed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you come out to him? That might be a good first step, though if he's straight I wouldn't get your hopes up. While I would not go randomly hugging him, these days, man-hugging is pretty acceptable in appropriate situations

11. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thanks guys. He knows I'm gay/bi and he's really accepting, but he's straight. I also don't really plan on hugging him, but he wouldnt think it's weird if I did. I think that I just need to wait it out and hope that the feelings go away.

12. NateC7

Hmm, you could try seeking someone else to date. Find someone else who makes you just as happy. That's pretty big advice I know but focusing on other things could help. Just my thoughts.

13. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well believe it or not i have. I've tried every app i could find, and started just to find friends on this site. Ive gotten close to relationships, and have had experiences with people, but it never worked out.

14. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you know why it never worked out?

15. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    not really. maybe because I'm insecure about myself and don't ike the way I look. I almost had a relationship and that happened like 5 times. They never worked out. One was basically just using me and didn't like me because he was a bit older and I wasnt acting like his age. One was just a straightup asshole to me. two times it turned out the person just lied about everything he said. And one guy was more straight and didn't want to go any further. I've had girls that had/have a crush on me, but right now I'm not interested in a relationship with a girl. I think Im just too young and I just hope to meet a great guy/girl in the future.

16. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    so anyone got more tips or somthing please?

17. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Just focus on yourself and worry about guys later. You should put yourself before others.

18. Joelouis

If he is as accepting as you think he is, then a hug isn't really that big of a deal. Probably best to ask first though!

A few of my friends are the hug happy and they're straight.
    It's quite comforting actually.

19. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Haha yeah thanks guys. He knows I'm having a huge crush on him again, but I havent told him in person. I'm trying to focus on my finals insteads of my crushes. I'm sure I'll meet alot of new friends and maybe a bf/gf when I pass my exams.

20. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    That's good! My finals aren't unti next week, so I'm studying.