1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm too obsessive.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by McFlub, Jan 6, 2016.

1. McFlub

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Something I realized about myself today is that I get really obsessive, mainly with people. Most recently, my boyfriend and I broke up a month ago. However, I still can't stop thinking about him. I care too much about who he's with, what he says, and what he's doing. I know in my head that none of it matters but it doesn't change how I feel. I just wish I could be less obsessive as a person because only bad things have come out of it thus far.

So, any advice would be appreciated, but I mainly just needed to vent.

(It's worth noting that there's no way to completely physically separate from him as our friend groups are basically the same).

2. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You'll get over it. I am kind of obsessive too. Much like you. And that only gave me pain that I don't want to experience anymore. So I chose to stay away from being emotionally attached to a person to avoid being crippled like that.

3. NateC7

I used to be obsessively clingy to my friends, which resulted in the loss of one in Middle School. It really sucks but giving some thought to things other than the thing you're obsessing over can help a lot. I mean if you just distract yourself for a while, things might calm down. I'm not saying it's a guarantee or anything but that's just my advice. Hope it helps :slight_smile: