1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I ask them if they like girls?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ConnectedToWall, Jan 6, 2016.

1. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    After seeing the episode of the L word where Phyllis realizes that she's a lesbian and wishes she had realized when she were younger, I'm wondering if I should ask my former teacher if she likes girls. I know it's kind of an out there idea, she's married but she seems unhappy, and I just really wish she could be happy, and I think her homophobia could be preventing her from being happy (if she really does like girls) what advice would you give on how to make people with internalized homophobia feel better about themselves, and just how to get people to be less homophobic in general?

2. confusedbubble

Nope she needs to figure it out for herself it could put her in a predicament with you unless you've left school

3. idsm

Instead of asking her if she likes girls, come out to her yourself.
    That way she can see that homosexuals are normal people, think about her own sexuality and maybe warm up to the idea of not being totally straight (provided that she isn´t, which, based on what you said, is only an assumption)

4. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh man. I've wanted to come out to her for so long but am terrified of her reaction...:icon_redf

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2016 at 09:22 PM ----------

I don't go to the same school as her anymore but am still in touch with her. She's one of those teacher's who likes to keep up with her former students and a lot of people visit her after they leave.