1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can friendship blossem into romantic love? And how do you know when it is?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ConnectedToWall, Jan 7, 2016.

1. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :kiss:I think I may be starting to have feelings for one of my friends. I've felt a lot more protective of them lately. I feel like there's some romance and companionship, but then at the same time I guess their is also plutonic-ness because we've been plutonic friends for a while. Anyone fall for their friend? What was it like? :kiss:

2. lilgoldfish

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ugh, I'm in the middle of something like that myself. Sucks because I can't really see any natural ways to tell her how I feel or ask if she's gay :/

3. Ihavetojustbeme

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea, it's possible. You know when the both of you guys flirt with each other, and well there's this chemistry.

5. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah there's so much chemistry between us. When we're together we completely look like a couple.

6. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I would sit down and talk to her about what's going on between the both of you.

7. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think friendship can definitely turn into love. Two friends of mine who were also friends started going out at some point and they were together for about two years.

I'm in a similar situation right now. People have even mentioned that we seem like a couple, which, although it sounds nice, was actually really painful for me. I've had feelings for a friend before and both that time and the situation I'm in now are incredibly uncomfortable for me. I'm really worried to change or damage our friendship but at the same time I can't stop hoping that there might be a chance that she likes me too. It's complicated, but as far as your question goes, in theory, a romantic relationship can definitely start as a friendship.

8. GuessFree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well it can. And signs do not show after a while. Same thing happened to me but i was turned down when i told her so.

9. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This happened to me when I was much younger with a good friend of mine. We had been friends for a few years, and we kept getting closer and closer. Neither of us were experienced enough to understand our same sex attraction to one another, but there just seemed to be a magnet pulling us together and it lead to a very intense and emotional relationship.

Unfortunately, given our respective lack of maturity and understand, the relationship got quite toxic and we ultimately had to go our seperate ways.

We actually reconnected some 20 years later. Maybe we both were curious as to what might have been. Only to realize we actually were not right for one another.

10. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happens all the time. :slight_smile:

11. Miri

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That happened to me, and we trusted each other with everything, too, the deepest things that we never told anyone else. Hell, she explicitly said she would kiss me if I were near her. And she said she loved me...and then suddenly she stopped, and when I asked her about it she just said she'd meant she appreciated me, and wasn't in love with me. So maybe not? Maybe it's harder to tell than you think?? I don't know...help? omo