1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it already the time to stop waiting for him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by johndrez09, Jan 7, 2016.

1. johndrez09

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We are officemates working in the same project and we see each other everyday.
    Since then I've developed feelings for him.

To cut the long story short, we were both transferred to a different project within the company. You might say that it's a good thing that we were both transferred but it's not.
    He knows that I like him and he seems to be okay with that. The problem is he has a crush on one of my friends, a pretty girl. And it hurts me to see him making a way to talk to that girl. It's very painful that I just don't want to talk to him and find someone else. I cannot do that since I might hurt his feelings. (sighs)

How can I move on when I'll get to see him everyday? At the same time I have a big feeling that he's bisexual. I might be wrong but I'm still hoping and waiting that we'll be together.

I just want to share this to you, guys. It's very painful to see him everyday happy that he doesn't seem to care what I feel.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What are you really waiting for?
    When you say he knows you like him, do you mean he knows your gay and like him more than as an officemate?

If that's not the case, then you probably either need to be more direct and consider coming out or just try to write him off completely as a romantic interest. If he does know you're gay and interested but is not reciprocating your feelings, then you still probably need to stop thinking about him. That doesn't mean you completely stop talking; you still work together and need to keep a positive professional relationship.

3. johndrez09

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He knows that I'm gay and he's totally okay with that. I don't know if he's bisexual or straight, but for me I think he's really bisexual. Everybody at the office thinks he's bisexual. I'm the kind of gay who is very discreet.

We eat lunch together and go to home together since we live in the same city.

4. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm going through the same thing. Me and my female best friend both had a crush on one of our other friends. Ive had this crush on him even before I knew her.

So a year later it turned out they were having a secret relationship for like a month. I was heartbroken, but I felt really happy for them, because he's straight and I'll never get the chance to date him. I did get mad that she didnt tell, because I wouldnt mind at all. She told me she didnt want to hurt my feelings. a few months later, they broke up, because someone we knew was on their ass 24/7. I was feeling really sad for them but was slightly relieved at the same time.

The guy I have a crush on, knows I have a crush on him, but he doesnt mind and doesnt think any different from me. I told everyone I had a new crush so they wouldnt think about it anymore. Truth be told, the crush got so worse that.

I started thiking about us two in a relationship. After that, I realised it was impossible, which made me sad every time this happened. The truth is, you think he's bi/gay because you hope so. I had that problem every time i saw/thought about him. So a few days ago, my friend admitted she had sex with him. She always told me they only made out and hugged. I wanted to believe her eventhough its obvious there was more to it.

When she admitted it to me, I was so depressed I started to cry the minute I was finally alone. I felt teribble. It's not their fault, because its just what people in relationships do. My problem was, that I wanted to be with him so badly, and got so jealous when my best friend started dating him and ended up having sex. Another reason was that the crush and I became really close which made my crush bigger then before. Because of this reality check, I'm feeling better. I am going to tell him the entire story though. I'm still friends with both of them, and am getting over it.

sorry for the long story, just wanted to share my experience in case it might help you. What I would do is try to accept he might not be bi, and let him date with the girl he's into. you still be friends with eachother afterall.

5. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    SORRY IGNORE THE PREVIOUS ONE.

i noticed i made alot of grammar and spelling mistakes n stuff, so here's the beter version!:

I tried to get rid of it actually.

Me and my female best friend both had a crush on one of our other good friends. Ive had this crush on him even years before I knew her. But that's not an excuse haha.

I told her I had a crush on him and thougth he was handsome and really cute. she agreed and she told me she kinda liked him too.

So a year later it turned out they were having a secret relationship for like a month (this happened in the summer vacation of 2015) . I was heartbroken, but I felt really happy for them, because he's straight and I'll never get the chance to date him. Also, they fit together really well, and it was so cute. I did get a bit mad that she didnt tell, because I wouldnt mind it at all. She told me she didnt want to hurt my feelings. A few months later they broke up, because someone else in our group of friends was on their ass 24/7. He wanted to know everything they did and wanted to like force them to get closer and randomly showing up at my best friends house while her bf was there too. I was feeling really sad for them but was slightly relieved at the same time (I know, selfish).

The guy I have a crush on, knows I have a crush on him, but he doesnt mind and doesnt think any different from me, which I'm really happy about. I told everyone I had a new crush so they wouldnt think about it anymore. Truth be told, the crush got so, so, soooo much worse than that.

All the time, I started thinking about the idea of us two in a relationship and how it would be. After I did, I realised it was impossible, because he's like super straight. It made me sad every time this happened. Here's the truth that everyone in the same situation will eventually eknowledge. You think he/she is bi/gay/a lesbian because you want to think and believe it's true. I have that problem every time I see/think about him. So a few days ago, my friend admitted she had sex with him. We always talked about her relationship and she always told me they only made out and hugged. I wanted to believe they only kissed eventhough its really obvious there's always more to it.

She actually didnt want to tell me, because she knew how much it would hurt me. When she admitted it to me, I was broken. I felt terrible and so bad about myself and all the times I would wish he was attracted to me. I got so depressed that I started to cry the second I was finally alone in my room. It's not their fault, because it's just what people in relationships do. My problem was, that I wanted to be with him so badly, and got so jealous when my best friend started dating him. When I started to get over the first, little crush, he and I got really close friends and really started to like him. Then I suddenly found out that the did more then kiss and ended up having sex. Because of this "reality check", I'm feeling a bit better. I am going to tell him the entire story though. I'm still friends with both of them, and I am getting over it a bit every day. I know if and when I get the chance to tell all about it, I'll start crying after the first sentence. The worst thing is, that I can't talk about everything, because he would get mad at my friend for telling me.

Sorry for the long story,

6. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Just accept the fact that he likes a girl and write him off as a potential problem.

7. johndrez09

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Ohhhhh. This is such a heartbreaking story. We are really in the same boat. The only difference is she's not my bestfriend. I can totally relate to your story because I'm currently experiencing that. It hurts me so much to see him everyday. I want to hug him, kiss him, cuddle him and be with him always, but I can't! I cannot be with him and it's making me soooooooo sad. :tears:

How I wish I couldn't feel any pain from loving but it's impossible. Really really impossible.
    (sighs)

I still believe that we'd find the right guy who will truly love and appreciate us for who we are.

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2016 at 06:38 AM ----------

I don't know but I'm still hoping that he's bisexual. I'm so stupid.
    :tears:

8. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know, even if he is bisexual, that doesn't necessarily mean he is into you. Being into dudes doesn't mean being into ALL dudes. If he had a romantic interest in you, I don't think he would be making advances on your other friend in front of you (or at all). I agree with bookreader and resu, write him off and move on—emotionally at least, since you can't avoid him. If you find it impossible to stop thinking about him like that, maybe ask to be transferred and establish some distance between you two until you're over him?

#8 RawringSnake, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  9. johndrez09

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're right. I just cannot stop thinking that he might not be ready yet for a same sex relationship, that's why he keeps on pursuing that girl for the sake of a normal life.
    He already knows that I have feelings for him even before we were transferred to a different project. It's like he already knows that I have a crush on him for 7 months already.

Anyway, I'll not put my hopes up too high. I think it takes time before I can forget him.
    Thanks. :slight_smile:

10. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    It does take time, but you'll be over him and crushing on another guy. Crushes don't last forever.

11. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try not to read his mind. Even if he is bi and if he isn't ready, that's not going to help you. It goes back to that saying "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." Bookreader touched on a good point: try to expand your horizon for other guys you may have overlooked. That can be a fast way of getting over your crush.

12. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know so well how you feel man. I know exactly how it is. I know it hurts like shit and it makes you feel like shit and like all people are shit. The worst part is you're powerless to do anything about it because it's not in your power to change his attraction or orientation, and yet it feels so personal anyway, huh?

Here's the bad news: It's going to hurt a lot. Often. A lot and often. More and more often in the beginning. It will keep hurting and you will be tempted to suppress your feelings. If you do, they will resurface later in a different form. If you don't, well, then you have to deal with them head on.

Here's the good news: It won't hurt forever. You can turn the pain to motivation to find a way to love yourself better. Your most important friend in this situation is yourself. Be kind to yourself. Stop negative thoughts that blame you or want you to take it personally. He can't help how he feels and neither can you. You will get through this. It will pass and something and someone new will come your way.

I feel like I'm in a similar situation to you although I'm not completely sure. I try to motivate myself with inspirational poetry and movies and stuff, thinking I won't let this kill me or my relationship to my job, which I absolutely love. Preserving dignity in the middle of it all, now that's the real challenge.

I figure, we're in a no-win situation. We can't do anything about it except protect ourselves and our relationships to our jobs. In my case, I think I'm ultimately dodging a big bullet.

13. mlansing

The answer to the question is it time to stop waiting is usually yes. It's heartbreaking, but true. Don't wait.

14. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Any updates?

15. johndrez09

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks. It still hurts right now. Maybe the only way to get rid of this feeling is to distance myself to him. :icon_sad:

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2016 at 02:38 PM ----------

Yeah. I put away all my hopes that he might be bisexual. I just don't want to hurt myself again. I'll just distance myself to him and try to forget him. :frowning2:

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2016 at 02:43 PM ----------

You're totally right!!!! That's exactly how I feel. It really hurts sooooooo much. Yes, I can't change him neither myself. I don't blame him for not loving me back. I just feel so sad and tired of unrequited love. Sometimes I feel that I don't want to fall in love again because it will just hurt me in the end.

It's totally affecting my performance in the job and seeing him with that girl breaks my heart. He's like so insensitive to my feelings for him. But I'm trying to concentrate and focus on my job even it's quite hard.

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2016 at 02:45 PM ----------

It's totally heartbreaking. Sometimes I feel hopeless that I'd be able to find the right person for me. Sooooo tired of loving the wrong person.

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2016 at 02:52 PM ----------

Hi, Bookreader. Here's the update:

This happened just today:

Our coworkers are teasing us because they know that I like him then suddenly one of our coworkers asked him he likes me, he said no in a quite serious way.

I knew he'd say that but it hurts like a thorn of the rose. It really breaks my heart that I cried in the restroom. Before we used to go home together, but today I said that I'm gonna buy something for the house. That's just an excuse. I just don't want to see him; it just breaks my heart more.

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2016 at 02:54 PM ----------

Here's the correct one:

Our coworkers are teasing us because they know that I like him then suddenly one of our coworkers asked if him he likes me, he said no in a quite serious way.

I knew he'd say that but it hurts like a thorn of the rose. It really breaks my heart that I cried in the restroom. Before we used to go home together, but today I said that I'm gonna buy something for the house. That's just an excuse. I just don't want to see him; it just breaks my heart more.

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2016 at 02:55 PM ----------

Sorrry again. I'm just so sad today. Here's the correct one:

Our coworkers are teasing us because they know that I like him then suddenly one of our coworkers asked him if he likes me, he said no in a quite serious way.

16. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Aw, I'm sorry. Well, that was the nail in the coffin. You should distance yourself away from him.

17. johndrez09

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, we still talk to each other. I'll update you guys. :slight_smile:

18. Gay1234

I'm sorry to hear that and hope ye remain friends. Well anyway be proud of what you achieved.

Good Luck,
    Gay1234