1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sister Being Bullied.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bubbles123, Jan 7, 2016.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Hey guys. Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated
    So my sister is 13 and in 7th grade. She went out with this kid, I'll call him John who was a huge troublemaker. He broke up with her and later on (possibly due to jealousy with other guys) he started bullying her. He was spreading rumors about her, even to kids in the older grades and all his friends and he seems pretty popular and now she feels like kids are staring at her and everything. He tormented her during class, calling her ugly and insulting her and trying to get her mad and when she was mad, he'd laugh at her. He started texting and calling her that he would beat up her friend, I'll call him David.
    David was a great friend and stood up for her this morning and John beat him up because of it. Our school doesn't often have bad bullying problems, so they took it very seriously and investigated it. My sister told everything to a guidance councilor and John has been suspended for a while.

My sister's so angry and upset now and she also feels like it was her fault that David got beat up. It makes me so fucking mad that anyone could be such an asshole, especially someone who was her best friend before. I hate it. I'm so angry at him.

I just want to know how I should handle it when he gets back to school. Our school is small so I'd see him around a lot. I know he's younger so I definitely would not confront him and definitely wouldn't do anything threatening but I don't think I could help but give him mean looks or maybe say something to him. But I don't want something like that to give him more amo, so to speak, to spread rumors. I don't know how the things I may do could make him react and I just can't wrap my mind around it right now. What would be the best way for me to act if I see him so as not to encourage him any more. If there's anything I could do to deter him from doing anything more I would, I just don't know what I can do.
    I know obviously the school is handling it and I won't but in but I just want to know how to best handle myself and if purposefully not making eye contact and things like that could make things worse.
    Thank you for reading this and for any advice you can give.

2. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    These things are always hard. If I were in your position, I'd probably talk to the bully but in the least confrontational way. I'd want to tell him that what he's doing is wrong and that I have my sister's back along with many others. I'd also ask him why he's behaving this way when they were good friends before. If this conversation is done in a sensible and understanding manner, maybe he will open up a little, or at least realize that what he's doing is terrible. Talking to an older person might help, maybe not. Only you can tell if this will work, depending on John's personality and your past relationship with him, and also your own temperament. If you think you will start screaming at him, then it's best to ignore him completely I think. In any case, I'm so sorry for your sister and her best friend. I hope he recovers soon, and your sister is so strong dealing with this. She's very lucky to have such an understanding and supportive sister like you as well.

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Thanks AlmostBlue<3