1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been 3 was since a horrible breakup

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lancelot, Jan 8, 2016.

1. lancelot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's been 3 weeks since a horrible breakup with a dishonest, selfish guy. Objectively, he was someone who I should have avoided like a fire, but I let myself get infatuated with his cockiness and disrespectful behaviors as his 'attractiveness.' The breakup was pretty horrid, too, and I still relive it every morning I wake up.
    Since then I lost all desire to meet new people and have zero libido that I can't even watch a single sexy video without feeling dull.. One person I know has kept showing interest in me after the breakup. He's a great guy but I feel like I can't do anything right now.
    Bad sleeps, hobbies don't feel the same, guilt over the failed relationship with a trashy person, lack of energy, no focus throughout the day, and no appetite...
    I have been trying hard to grieve it off, meet friends and family, and work out to keep things off my mind.
    But why is it taking so damn long to feel less depressed about the end of a relationship that has eaten me from inside and left me severely wounded?

---------- Post added 8th Jan 2016 at 06:04 PM ----------

I'm traveling across the country right now.. But I hate to admit I am secretly hoping he left me some kind of message. It is highly unlikely... And I have no idea what I want to hear from him.. Maybe it's the abrupt nature of breakup that has left me feel hanging..

#1 lancelot, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  2. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry that you're going through this. Maybe you just need time to get over him.