1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all in shock, fear and unknown

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sinergy, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Sinergy

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    A PARENTS DREAM

When I was pregnant with my son... I dreamed endlessly about what he would look like he. His height Size, color and hair eyes? He was going to be prefect, healthy, strong, smart, intellect, charming and a caring person.

He would get married, have to children and have a great career. I never thought about his sexuality I dreamed in P.G and my dream was about me and my wants.... not his, it was about him being the best ME:slight_smile:

I believe this is why so many parents are shocked …..it wasn't in the “first born dream” and that dream is know dead RENEWAL a New birth and child is growing up into their own life.

To all the parents in stock, fear and unknown. All we have to do is accept that same wonderful child.

We need to have compassion and understanding...find the new tools and get educated and dig deep into own emotions and feel and see that child...that same great child is there!

Please deny them....Don't push them away.... and remember their sexually and sex life truly isn't any of our business...it is their private life and we as parents can educate them and if we don't except them....they will lie, sneak and they could eventually deny you of their life

#1 Sinergy, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for sharing. Your words are very much like what my own mom said to me after I came out to her. While she hasn't gotten out of the denial stage, I hope that she can also come to a similar realization.

3. confusedbubble

Thank you sinergy I know I struggled telling people and family only have my dad left to tell but its hard. I know as my mother said she expected me to get married and have children, but as I told her I can still get married but asked her what she would expect if I couldn't have children in a straight relationship she now kind of understands a little more

4. Sinergy

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    confusedbubble

I am so proud of your courage. You are so brave and they need to appreciate the fact that you are open with your self and you want to share your life with them.

Your mom is communicating that sounds like a wonderful sign of her understanding. How good did it feel to tell her? Freeing?

What holds you back from telling your dad? I still need to tell my dad about my son. I sure my dad must already know! Maybe we could help each other in the process of telling the “dads”. :slight_smile:

Sinergy

5. confusedbubble

Thanks sinergy it felt amazing to tell her I was in tears afterwards because of all the built up emotions over the years. Also hiding a relationship from them nearly broke me it was constant tension trying to explain where I was going and who I was staying with when stopping at her house.

I don't know what's holding me back I need to find the right time to tell him I suppose I will probably tell him at some point this year because I've just started speaking to a lovely woman and feel that he needs to know, I just need to grasp the nettle and Tell him

6. Sinergy

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    confusedbubble

I have much respect for you.... To know your true “self” and to speak and to stand up for your self is maturity!!

I would think when the time is right.... your dad should be honored, because you want to share you life with him:slight_smile:

sinergy