1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have this urge to know this guy deeply.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by StartANewLifE, Jan 9, 2016.

1. StartANewLifE

So for the past few months I've been into online dating. Yeah. Online-cause I'm not totally out. I've dated two guys from the site, and after the last one terribly failed. I kinda lay low a bit.

So this last Tuesday, after 4 or 5 months,a guy messaged me out of nowhere. I've read his profile and we have, what can I say - common ground - with that we are very private person. We started talking everyday then. I find him very interesting, like I want to know him deeply, given that he said that he's a very private person. I've never felt like this on my past few 'dates'. He intrigues me, and have that urge to crack those walls he built.

I asked him about going on a date whenever he becomes available, and he agreed but he said we have to know each other first. I agree with that.

The thing with me is, I get attracted easily. He's not bad looking. But it all starts with attraction right? He's attractive but I want to know him more than that. Looks is nothing when you don't like the person's attitude and personality. AND just because you like someone doesn't mean you get to have a relationship with them ASAP. I don't hold hands on a date. I have this thinking to take things slow - but in an old fashioned way - knowing the person through dates/personally (not texts nor online messages).

I don't know. I'm just ranting here and want to express how I'm feeling right now. I'm kinda feeling nervous though, that I might annoy him with so many of my questions (though he willingly answers) and also bad at the same time that he rarely asks about me.

I don't know. I just have this urge to know the guy deeply.

2. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like you are going about it in all of the right ways. Your expectations are realistic. As far as going about learning more about this man just be upfront with him. The reason that he is very private might be similar to yours, that he is not all of the way out and is afraid to expose too much of himself 'lest he get hurt.

Try having an honest conversation with him and maybe lead up to it by letting him know that you aren't prying, but that you like him and would like to know a little more.

Best of luck.