1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too fast too soon?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dezzysgurl, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Dezzysgurl

Where do I even start?

Okay, so my GF and I started dating in October. We've been friends three years prior. It's all been long distance though. It all kind of feels like it's moving super fast though, and I'm worried that maybe we're both not really ready for this. She's getting really intense really fast, and at first I thought it was okay, because it was just looking at things long term. But then we got to talking and we started discussing our wedding and who would propose and I'm just....not ready to think about that sort of commitment when I've only dated someone for four months.

I'm also really worried about her and her home life. She's super depressed and her dad just left/got kicked out for the second time in her life. I can understand how depressing and emotional that can make a person. That's not even the thing that's got me the most concerned though. Her mom is pretty verbally abusive towards her as well as physically. She's told me. She claims to want to get out, but yet she doesn't want my support for that or to even want to try and take steps towards getting out of the house. She's super passive and doesn't really fight for anything and gives up very easily. I'm sort of the only thing in her life that hasn't hurt her and I promised her I never would. But honestly this is getting to be a bit much for me. And I feel bad saying that because I know she has it harder and that her mom has had seventeen years to tear her down. But it's all just so intense and so hot and cold with her.

Don't get me wrong. When it's good, it's GOOD. We can giggle and act like silly fools and be on cloud 9. But when it's bad, I'm constantly worried that either her mom is going to hurt her or she's going to hurt herself. I don't want to leave but I feel like I don't have time for myself and to be my own person because she's constantly blowing up my phone and I'm always scared that if I don't answer her something bad will happen. I feel like if we can't be two separate people, but still be us, that maybe this isn't a good idea and we should just chill it out until we can both get ourselves sorted out. But I'm also terrified that if I say that she's going to go off the deep end and do something dangerous. I've been down this road with someone before and I really do not want a repeat of that but I don't know how to stop this or how to even help her. We've got several states between us and I just don't know what to do.:bang: :help: Any advice is welcome, and I'm sorry this was so long or if it doesn't make sense and thank you in advance.