1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come out to crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chairman2012, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Chairman2012

Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm a trans-male and I'm not out at school (everyone still refers to me as she). I'm working on coming out but there's this girl I've really been crushing on for half a year and I've never liked anyone this much before. We've low-key flirted but there's a good chance I'm reading too far into things.

She has a boyfriend but there relationship seems a little rocky. And I haven't been brave enough to say anything (I don't want to be a home wrecker). Should I come out and express my feelings to her only or wait until I start my social transition?

There's also the fact that she's a few years older than me, so it kind of feels like the odds are stacked against me. I'm just looking for some opinions to confirm or deny what I want to do.

2. NateC7

I think you need to work on your social transition first. Especially if you haven't already come out. Just my advice, hope it helps some.

3. Chairman2012

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the feedback!

4. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with Nate, school comes first you should focus on that instead of some girl.

5. Nessie78

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello,I'm new to this! And I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but here it goes. I told my crush I like her. She is straight I guess, has a bf. But we hung out and drank together and I told her how I feel. It's like she wasn't shocked. I'm not even sure if I have a chance in hell right now!

6. NateC7

You need to make your own thread for this, sorry :/

7. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it might be better to come out to someone else first. A friend you trust. Coming out to your crush isn't necessarily a bad idea, you just have to think about, since their so important to you, what would it be like if it went wrong? On the other hand, acceptance by a crush would also be a huge relief, so it's really your call. Just think about it.

8. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree with everything that has been said. You should probably come out to someone else close to you just to talk everything out and become more comfortable with yourself. Also, I wouldn't tell her the truth while she's still in a relationship. If their relationship is really on the rocks then you wouldn't want to make things worse. Perhaps the best thing to do is either wait it out or talk about your feelings with someone you know you can trust.