1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I being paranoid? I probably am aren't I?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rainbows~Exist, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Rainbows~Exist

So as some of you may know I went on a particularly amazing date last Thursday. I thoroughly enjoyed and I'm 99.9% certain that the guy I was with enjoyed as well. If he was faking enjoyment then he deserves an Oscar :lol: .

Anyway... I'm getting pretty paranoid right night since he hasn't replied to me since. It says that he was last online that day so he hasn't read my message but what if he's ignoring the notification? I texted him yesterday but to no avail. I don't know. I really want things to work out between us but this lack of communication is starting to eat at me. He did say he'd be busy this week but I'm still not sure. Help!

2. NateC7

He did say he would be busy. Also it's Monday so maybe wait until tomorrow? It is a little strange that he hasn't said anything but was it the first date or something? I don't know your situation and you've been here waaay longer than me so im sorry if I sound like an outsider nosing my way in. I just wanted to offer some advice.

3. Rainbows~Exist

Any advice is welcome! :slight_smile:

It was the first date yes but it went really well... We spent over two hours in each other's arms just watching the sea at night (and making out :lol: ). I'm pretty sure there's mutual interest. I just don't know what I could've done to dissuade him from talking to me :frowning2:

4. NateC7

It is possible he doesn't know how to respond and wants to avoid messing this up somehow...though he kinda is by not saying anything..Maybe just send him another hello and see if he responds today or tomorrow.

5. TheAnon32

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know how it is in whales but here sometimes text don't make it through with the network. Just maybe that's the case?

6. Rainbows~Exist

It says he's read my messages about 10 minutes ago. He hasn't replied yet :/

7. Silver Sparrow

Hi!
    I'm really glad your date went well, and that you had a good time. For right now, take a deep breath. He did say he would be busy this coming week, so I would say don't worry about it, and you can cross that bridge when you come to it.
    I know sometimes, I click on a text and mean to reply, but get called away to do something and it completely slips my mind. Or I don't know quite what to say, so I leave the text for later. That could be going on with your date.

8. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Stop worrying. If he doesn't reply then he is not interested. Bombarding him with more messages will not change it. So give him time. It sucks to wait for a response but that's the best course of action.