1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the most horrifying moments of my life

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by penelope, Jan 11, 2016.

1. penelope

so, my sister went missing today. She's a few years younger than me. My mom texted me and called me to ask if my sister was sick because her friends hadn't seen her at school. Then my mom went home and realized that my sister wasn't there either. She called me again at like 12 and i was at school of course. She told me that the police were looking for my sister and that her phone was located to be somewhere near the city center of our town, where she couldn't have walked. I freaked out and started to cry and my mom asked me if i wanted to go home but it would've been even worse, waiting there with nothing to do. So i stayed at school but could not concentrate on anything. I get super paranoid, even about the most stupidest things so you can imagine how I was pretty much thinking of all the different ways she could've been killed or kidnapped. Luckily they found her and she told that she had blacked out on her way to school and what she remembered next was that she was in a mall and she had no idea how. She's in a hospital now and they're trying to find something that could cause these black outs she's been having.

Do you have someone you're always worried about? Or have you had some kind of similar experience? I kept saying to myself that "stuff like this doesn't happen in real life". Feel free to share the most horrifying moment of your life or anything, I really feel like talking to some of you. :slight_smile:

2. NateC7

That sounds like a harrowing experience. I'm glad to hear your sister was okay. The most horrfying for me is probably the first time I took my dog for a walk with a new choke chain.

Some backstory, he is a German Shepard and at the time he was like 3 or 4 months old. He wasn't completely trained yet and I am a small person so walking him is hard. This was the first and LAST time I ever walked him on the chokechain.

He actually got out of the chain and started running around. I was trying to get him to stay put so I could put the leash back on. We were on the side of a main road. It was horrifying and I was crying because I didn't want him to die. No cars bothered to stop amd he almost got hit by a hair. Finally I decided to just start heading back towards the neighborhood since we weren't that far from it. Thankfully he followed me and once we were back on our street I was able to calm down.

I think he finally understood I was really scared since he sat down and I was able to put the leash back on. I took him home and broke down crying again once we were in the house.

I had already lost a dog earlier that year which is why I was more affected then I might have been.

3. penelope

Good to hear that you both made it home okay. :slight_smile: I can imagine how it must've felt like when you couldn't really do anything and the more time went by the more scared and panicked you must have gotten. It's great that you still didn't lose all control and succeeded to get him safe. :slight_smile:

4. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am glad your sister is okay, I have got a few siblings related.

Sibling 1 : When I was young my sibling (who is about a year younger than me) and I loved a show in which candidates had to complete risky dares to win money. One day at my grandparents house we decided to re-enact the shows and dare each other to do very stupid things. I then dared my brother to jump from up a stairs of flights, he did but landed on his stomach and couldn't breath, needless to say I was horrified called for help and thankfully he was okay but I felt pretty horrible about it even though I was too young to realise the consequences of my actions.

Sibling 2 : A couple years later my other sibling was born and while a lovely toddler he was also very cheeky and would often run away from you as fast as he could if you tried to catch him. One day, my stepdad, two siblings and I went to the harbour to visit an Army boat. My stepdad stupidly let go of the hand of my 1,5 yo brother to let him stroll around but the thing was that there was no fence to separate our walking path and the water and my little brother started to run towards the abyss ( keep in mind that there is at least a 15ft fall between were we are standing and the water and no fence to protect us from falling ! ) we all knew that if we tried to run after him he would run faster and fall so we basically watched horrified as he cheerfully run toward what probably would be his death ( my stepdad didn't even know how to swim :***: ) trying to call his name thankfully though, he stopped a few centimeters away from the border of the abyss, wrapped his
    arms around a pole that was there and came back running towards us.

Worst minute of my life ( my 8 years old self was already trying to figure out how I would have to jump to get my brother out of the water as I was the only one that knew how to swim, horrible memory tbh :frowning2: )

Sibling 3 : Not too long ago my 8yo brother was playing in the gardenand 10 minutes later I look at the window and he is not there, the front door was opened and I naturally assumed he had come home and forgot to close the door, I called his name and no answer, went through the entire house and he isn't there, I start to panic and think the worst as A) our garden gives access to the road and B) he had had a fight with my mother so could have chose to leave to piss her off, leaving the door open so we wouldn't hear it shut and possibly get himself in trouble.

So freaked out I got one of my brothers to come with me and we searched the whole neighbourhood to find him playing with his friends in a community playground, I literally could have killed the little shit. :***:

That's all for my brothers but I am sure more will come back to me in a little while :wink:

5. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds scary. I'm glad that your sister is safe now.

6. penelope

You seem to have some trouble-finding siblings. :grin: Really glad they're all okay. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 17th Jan 2016 at 10:08 PM ----------

Thank you. :slight_smile: She's getting a car ride to school now so she won't be able to go missing on the way. :grin:

7. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I was climbing in the Snowdonia in Wales in a gully in a quarry. I was clipping myself in on carabiners that were attached to hooks drove into the rock. This is called Solo climbing and is pretty dangerous. I was approaching the next karabiner to clip my rope into it. I should point out that the rock was mainly slate, as it being a slate quarry. As I was fumbling for rope I must have pushed too heavily on one foot as a piece of rock dislodged and I fell a couple of metres. Needless to say I was absolutely bricking it and when the rope became taught after falling past the previous karabiner and hook the impact and tug of my harness was hard on an area no guy wants to be hit in.

#7 Nordland, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  8. penelope

That sounds really scary (and painful), thank god you're okay though! thanks for sharing. :slight_smile: