1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety Source, School or Relationship?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Runner5, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So today is the first day of Grad school for me, and I'm more than a little freaked. All week I've been having high levels of anxiety.

For the past six months 've been dating a great guy who really cares for me, but starting a week ago I suddenly started to doubt our relationship. I'm OCD and I've always had problems with obsessive intrusive thoughts, but suddenly I'm thinking about a break up. I don't know if the source of all this anxiety is school starting, or if maybe my relationship is in trouble. I haven't had this level of anxiety in years, but its stressing me out that I'm always distracted when I'm with him. I just want things to go back the way they were a week ago.

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think anxiety hovers inside everyone and when it is stirred up by something it just attaches itself to anything and everything. So you are probably experiencing heightened anxiety because of starting grad school ... what is also happening is other things in your life are also getting coloured by the anxious thoughts.

I'd just put the analysis to one side for a few days because things are going to feel better when you are settled in to your course

3. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's what I keep telling myself. I have these moments of clarity where I'm fine, but then I go back to feeling bad.