1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mom May Know... Everything.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JebtheSheep, Jan 11, 2016.

1. JebtheSheep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I have particularly bad news to share with you guys. I think my Mom figured out I'm gay. She has brought up twice lately (which is totally unlike her) and the first time she was hinting at me if I was secretly gay and I denied it. Then this afternoon she said, "Are you secretly gay, you seem to like feminine things". She got that from my haircut and other things I enjoy but I laughed and denied it. So do you guys think she knows? I mean, I don't mind too much if she found out but it's my dad thats the problem. Anyway, any advice is helpful and as always, I will see you in the next post. Bye :wink:

2. confusedbubble

Did she seem upset if you were gay? What's she like with lgbt issues does is she against them.. It may not be a bad thing if she's open to it then you could use it as advantage to come out to her, as my friend says a mother knows everything (I hate that saying) but its kind of true I think mine has guessed too

3. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe she's joking, maybe she's not. Maybe she thinks you can trust her and come out to her.

4. JebtheSheep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom gets angry when people discriminate against gays. Thats why were not religious.

5. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well if she is supportive as you say, she probably knows it.
    She herself brought up the topic so she's hinting ypu to come out to her. Maybe you should. She is accepting right, so why worry.
    I think you should come out to her :slight_smile:

6. JebtheSheep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea but my then my dad would probably hate me

7. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Sorry to hear that. People can change if they have time to learn to accept things, but I don't know how your dad is.
    Do you think it would be possible to tell your mom and still not have your dad find out? If so, you could do that if you're ready and then maybe down the road she could help you talk to your dad about it. But if he'll probably find out and you're not ready for that, then maybe you shouldn't tell her right now.

8. JebtheSheep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She wouldnt tell on me so I guess I could

9. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you should talk to your mom about it and ask her to not tell your dad. Also ask her to subtly push your dad to be more accepting to LGBT rights. Do you have any brothers or sisters? If you have some and their accepting, i think ot would go a long way if you guys have a united front against your dads discrimination. All of you together make him feel uncomfortable being a bigot/discriminatory.

I have a brother and when theres hate crimes on tv, my dad would usually take the side of the police using ridiculous talking points. When my brother, my mom and i call him out on it and tell him hes wrong and being a bad person, he cowers and has evolved big time in regards to being far less racist

10. confusedbubble

Sounds like your mum just wants you to be happy as only the bulls said get her on side ask her not to tell but ask her if she could help you change and let your dad become more accepting towards the lgbt.
    Mine may know as she's asked about why I don't speak to ******* my old crush any more as we were so close

11. NateC7

I see where onlythebulls13 is coming from, he does have a good point.

But I think you can definitely come out to your mom, and then maybe have her help you work out how to come out to your dad.

12. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She knows. And basically she's pulling as hard as she can at the closet door.

13. GuessFree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dude. Jebthesheep, your dad isn't a lion for you to be afraid of. To me, try bringing this up to mother jokingly and see her reaction. If you are ok with it then you let her know about it. Besides, since two heads are better than one, the both of you can think of a way to let your dad know about it.

When i first told my dad that i think i was gay, he went on saying that it was a spiritual matter so he will see what to do about it. He didn't scold me or anything. So just try to make your dad think that its because of something major that has brought it about.

Hope everything goes on well for you.:icon_wink

14. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    You can wall me if you want to talk.