1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange question

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cookielower, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Cookielower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I have this friend, we become alot close in the last year.
    I am a kind of youchy person, but he doesn't seem to mind too much.
    He also are protective of me, and usually defend me or takes my side.
    So far I have only thought of it as him being friendly and trying to be a good friend.
    But last week he told me something I found odd.
    We talked about different stuff we liked, and suddenly he asked if I thought he was cute?
    Afraid to say something wrong I just answered him jokely and nonchalantly "sure, if you say so".
    Now I am stuck here wondering why he wanted to know if I found him cute, and are it normal for guys to ask that? We are both guys, and well I'm not sure what he wants to hear. So please help me sort things out :slight_smile:

2. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure but have a friend that fits the same situation. Reversed some but it bugs me. Have similar family BS, last night gave me a comforting hug while I was pissed and crying, today was being very open about some things, and I don't know what to think. I don't have an answer but you are not alone with feelings!

3. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    To me, I think it's fine if guys ask if they're cute.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are you out to him? Even if you're not, maybe he's guessing you are. It still doesn't mean he himself is attracted to guys; some straight guys are just more comfortable with themselves to ask such questions. You could try bringing up the topic and see how he reacts. Maybe he forgot. Maybe he will look embarrassed. There are many possibilities.