1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In a tough spot with a crush older than me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DreamerBoy17, Jan 14, 2016.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a very intense crush on a senior at my high school. She's 17, almost 18, and I'm a 14 year old freshman. We're in a class together, and we get along extremely well. We're close friends. We have similar interests and just have this undeniable spark.

I understand that one of the main concerns about people older than you is power imbalance and taking advantage of the younger one. However, A (as I will call her) is one of the kindest, most outgoing person I know. All of my friends agree to this. She's very supportive and wouldn't hurt a fly. Also, she's asexual so if we were to have a relationship there wouldn't be the legal issue of sex. Though she is panromantic, so I'm potentially in her dating pool.

The thing is, she graduates this year. And I'm going to miss her horribly. So I've started wondering lately if it's even worth it to be friends with her if she's going anyhow, and began wondering if it's pointless to like someone that I literally have no chance with. I just don't know how to deal with this at all.

I guess what I need is someone to slap some sense into me. Don't sugarcoat anything in your replies. I need to hear the truth in this situation. :help:
    (Sorry if this is a bit scattered- I'm exhausted...)

#1 DreamerBoy17, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should still try to remain friends because she hasn't done anything wrong. While a relationship may not work out because of both the age and location difference, you could try to reveal your feelings to her to get over the fear of approaching someone. Or, you could start looking around you for others closer to your age who might be your next crush.

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think that I'm going to tell her how I feel. It's not fear; I've asked people out before, but I do want to preserve a friendship, and I don't want awkward feelings to get in the way of that. I guess I'll do my best to enjoy the time I do have.
    Thanks for you reply.

4. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Just continue being friends with her and enjoy the time!