1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to kiss a guy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 3n, Jan 14, 2016.

1. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So my crush and I started texting, and about two months ago, he asked me out. Of course, I accepted. So we hug and hold hands and stuff, but how do I kiss a guy (or anyone for that matter). I'm not going to full on make out with him or anything yet, but maybe a kiss on the cheek or something, you know. How do I do that without it being awkward or just plain epicly failing lol

2. arkansasteen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm assuming it's your first kiss?

Mine was awkward and in my car. At the end of the date I told him "I really want to kiss you right now." He said, "Why don't you?"

So I leaned over and kissed him. I felt nothing special and it was super weird. Maybe yours will go differently but you can always go the consent route where you ask him if he'd like to.

I personally think its a lot more romantic, however, when a guy kisses you out of the blue or in the heat of the moment rather than having that anticipation build up.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, it's easiest to just ask. You could ask him to teach you, and it's pretty cool if it is the first kiss for both of you.

4. robclem21

First kisses are inherently awkward by nature. Don't worry about it. If in the moment it feels right then go for it (or ask as others have suggested). I have done both and it can work either way, but chances are the first time is always awkward. Happens to everyone.

5. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As resu said, just ask. If he says yes, then great, you get to kiss a cutie. If he says no, then he isn't ready.

Spontaneous kisses are great, once you've established boundaries within the kissing realm. If it's your first kiss with him, or your first kiss at all, spontaneity is not your friend.

6. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A first kiss is always scary. The first kiss I ever had with a guy was at this party. We were both kinda drunk and had this really awkward half kiss. He kissed me half on the mouth and half on the cheek. It was suuuper weird but pretty funny :grin:. Whats even worse was that my a friend walked in and was really confused. We were standing in this dark hallway and she thought he was straight. My friends still talk about it and it's really awkward when it comes up.

Just do it when it feels right. If a guy wanted to kiss me, but it was his first, I would think it's super cute.