1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I didn't even have a chance

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PumpkinSpice, Jan 15, 2016.

1. PumpkinSpice

So I met this girl on a dating website, and we hit it off pretty well. We texted like constantly everyday about everything for a couple weeks, and snapchatted constantly, and even made plans to meet up. Then a day before we were going to meet up she suddenly stopped texting me and everything. So i thought maybe I said something that upset her so I asked. And it turns out she just met someone else last night, spent all day with them the next day and had a really good connection with them so.... yeah. I got kicked to the curb.

I took it alot harder than I thought I would. It's not like I was in love or anything cliche. But i did really like her, and really wanted to maybe have a relationship with her. So I'm pretty hurt and bummed out. I even cried when I found out. I'm not sure if that's just because I've been having some other life troubles and that put me over the edge or what. Is it normal to feel like this? Like should I be having such a strong emotional reaction? We never even met, but I thought we had something...

Thoughts?

2. NateC7

I had a similar experience only mine did it because she was depressed. She shut me out twice and finally I had to end it because she hardly talked to me at all and she wasn't even out to her parents so it wasn't like she could be open about our relationship. It was my first ever girlfriend and I just felt like this wasn't the best kind of relationship that should be a first.

I think it would be better to wait until you can meet someone face to face, because it's just easier. It allows for more intimacy than an online relationship where one can easily cheat on the other.

Have a hug friend,(*hug*)

3. PumpkinSpice

Wow, that would be a really difficult relationship. I feel like being shut out by someone you love/like is one of the worse things to experience. My ex was really bad for that at the beginning of our relationship.

Yeah for sure, and i really wasn't planning on liking this girl or anything, it was more just being friends but then we talked so much i started really liking her and opening up to her. I knew I shouldn't have gotten attached til we actually met in person and such, but ehh I dunno. whatever. She only lived like an hour and a half away. But liike, at this point now, even if she changed her mind and wanted to be with me or something, I don't think I'd trust her. It's not like she cheated or anything, but I feel sort of like I was led on or something. I dunno. :confused: Maybe it just hit a nerve in me and that's why it affected me so badly at first. I'm feeling a bit better now though.

Thanks for the hug (*hug*)

4. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, maybe she's not worth it. You should find yourself some in real life and not on online. Online relationship doesn't work, IMO.

5. PumpkinSpice

For sure, I'll never do that again