1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100% My mother changed wtf?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nick123, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Nick123

Planet Earth (More specifically in Greece)
    Hello,

Today we discussed with my friends what we are going to wear for carnivals i said i will only dye my hair red and i will keep it for some days. When i got back from school i asked my mother for any news etc. She told that she will go to my grandmother to dye her hair and i said that i am going to dye mine too but not only for carnivals but i'll keep it. Then she said that i am crazy and if i do something like that she will kick me out of the house. WTF? just because i want to dye my hair? She never talked to me this way. She wasn't so closed mind ever. What the heck changed? I haven't came out to my parents yet and this made me a little more unsure about coming to them because due to a stereotypes here in Greece if a boy dyes his hair (not for carnivals), they believe that he is gay. What type of reaction was that from my mother i didn't ever expected something like that. When she said that she'll kick me out of the house something broke inside me. This is not my mother is like something changed inside her. :tears:

#1 Nick123, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  2. art3mis

Maybe she was just generally stressed and overreacted. I guess you should talk about it when she calmed down again and ask her why she reacted this way.

3. Nick123

I really don't know but if this was her reaction about my hair imagine her reaction to the announcement that i'm gay.

4. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    You should probably hold off the coming out until you're old enough and you're stable (living in a place, etc.)

5. Nick123

Yes but i can't understand why she changed. Anyway i'll probably wait as you said.