1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Straight" best friend drama

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by rainbow knight, Jan 15, 2016.

1. rainbow knight

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Everyday, people read about men wanting to know if their best friends will correspond their love, by sharing their stories; so here's mine.

Lets call my best friend "Peter", I've known him for almost 10 years but until the last couple of years he'd never caught my attention. Last year I had a kind of boyfriend so I didn't focus that much on the attention Peter gave me, but this year I can see how much he cares about me.

One day I was at his house and when we were left alone watching TV he rested his head on my arm for a while, before this, when another friend was around, he bit and licked my neck.

Another day, we were at the beach so he asked me to put sunblock on his back and I did it slowly to enjoy the moment until the end. The same weekend, he was asked about equality by another friend to make him uncomfortable and he didn't answer verbally but he made faces of disgust and a sound of disapproval; right after this, he licked my neck again and then put his hand on my knee for a minute.

He's got a nice body, he does everything I ask him to, he is cute, always happy and I really want to kiss him every time I see him, I am not in love with him but I find him very attractive and I like him. A lot.

Oh, and he sends me shirtless snapchats, lots of them. This weekend we'll be camping together with some friends and I hope something comes up or someone comes out..
    I hope he is bisexual, like me, or gay because even though he doesn't like women that much, but he may like them in his way. I don't know, we all are different.

Any thoughts?

2. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Excuse me, he bites and licks your neck?! Seriously, WTF?! This does not sound particularly normal by any standards.

3. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By my standards he doesn't seem very "straight"

4. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, he doesn't sound straight to me. Good luck on your camping trip!

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless he's just super playful, I think his behaviour indicates him liking you.

Maybe come out to him?

6. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Um yeah, he thinks of you as way, way more than just a friend. Doesn't get any more obvious than this.

7. rainbow knight

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think this weak but constant homophobic behavior is due to his homophobic and very religious family. However, the trip went better than I expected.

8. Nyanodesu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well if he sends you shirtless snap-chat photos, it's kind of obvious. I mean don't guys usually do that if they want to impress girls? Obv he knows your gay, and wants to seduce you. You gotta be the manlier one and make the move cause he's probably the submissive type. And wants you to break the ice or something idk.

9. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Were there any more hints on the trip? :slight_smile:

#9 WhiteShadows, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  10. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, how was it?

11. Miri

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely into you and if he says he's not, he's lying. Also, they don't call it "camp gay" for nothing, amirite? ouo

12. rainbow knight

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I'm kinda over him. So much mixed signals, and so many insecurities from my side, because of this I decided to back away. Thanks for all your comments :slight_smile:
    And if you wanted to know anyways, for a while while I was covering my feet, which were inside the sand, with my towel and then he started playing around with out feet. Another thing is he asked me to follow him everywhere.
    The last thing is we stayed together from friday until saturday and even though there were 2 empty small beds he decided to stay by my side until 6 am in that small bed, I guess that's something, isn't it? Well I can't keep trying to figure out if he's gay or not, or if he's into me or not; I'm happy because I came out to my best friend and she's super supportive, she says there's 50%-80% chances he's into me.
    Thank you for reading!

13. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im not sure you're listing too many mixed signals. It seems hes sending just one signal.... that hes completely crushing on you. I honestly think hes completely into you and you should at least give it a half hearted attempt... my opinion, do what ever makes you comfortable.. good luck!

14. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations on coming out!

Unfortunately, if he is gay, he has a lot to work out internally, and sometimes it's best for your own sanity to not get played by him. Hopefully you can feel comfortable coming out to him so he might change his inconsistent behavior (or at least know what you're probably thinking when he acts flirtatious).

15. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    doesnt seem very straight to me lol. but I wouldnt get too happy about him and the feeling s you have for him. theres always a chance he's just straight and weird lol. I would just take my time or maybe ask him nicely.