1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My LDR boyfriend can't accept himself as bisexual/gay

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by smokey93, Jan 15, 2016.

1. smokey93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi guys,

This is my first post here, please advise. Thanks!

I met my LDR boyfriend first online and then we met in real life after 3 months of struggling because he love my personality. It was love at first encounter. The boy at the airport holding something red in his hand waving at my excitedly. We both smiled.

The first meeting was a short 5 days. If i was not wrong, on the second day, he told me we can't be together, I felt really upset. We both cried alot over this and he cited that it's due to his religion(he's from Indonesia, Muslim). I'm from Singapore.

After much persuasion and discussion, we decided to try it out first. Almost 7 months now and we have met thrice already. I know we are inseparable but I finally found out his real reason for telling me that we can't be together forever and that is that he can't accept himself as bisexual/gay. He dated girls before when he was younger(he's 20 and i'm 22).

He told me that whenever he sees straight couples holding hands together on streets he felt jealous and that was when I realised I am being selfish. Too selfish and cruel to want to keep him by my side forever. We really love each other though, and he can't imagine that we will break up in the future too and him going home to some girl and holding her hand kissing her and hugging her.

I am really lost and feel very hopeless, I keep thinking about this day in and day out. He told me he likes guys(me) and girls 50 to 50. The third time we met, 5 days ago, he was very upset that he will be leaving me soon and came up with all sought of silly thoughts and methods to just spend more time with me in Singapore. I wish he could too and it just seems like that if we were together in person, things gets better, at least for the third trip. He will most probably be coming to my country to study next year.

Does closing the distance means better chance of winning his heart? I am really confused and I guess he is too, since he can't accept himself for liking guys.

How can I help him accept himself that he likes me and wouldn't want to leave me for others? As well as that I could learn to coup with my feelings in the meantime as we are in a LDR?

Please advise and excuse me for my English.

Lostandhopelessboy93:bang:

2. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you can't help him with that. Acceptance must come from "within" and nothing you can do will make him accept himself.

What you can do though, is show him how you love him, support him and just be there for him, so that your love might light his way to yours :slight_smile:

3. smokey93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey Ryuji,

Thanks man :slight_smile:

Had a bout with him yesterday after feeling insecure(again) and I told him to breakup with me(if that's what he wants) but he said no he doesn't want to. A few hours later I asked him why he still wants to be with me and he says it's cause he's trying to to make it work.

Overall just feeling lost and hopeless cause whatever I do just doesn't seem to work out no matter how hard I try.

Thanks once again Ryuji :slight_smile: