1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mom Is Just Ignorant

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Contact1111, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mother has become far more ignorant and agitating to me lately. Basically, one night she said a bunch of really crude and hurtful things to me about my sexuality during an argument. She did apologize for being "confrontive". She used to be accepting of me, but apparently now she has decided she isn't. She says that "male homosexual behavior" makes her uncomfortable. She finds what I said disturbing, and she gets upset with me for "demanding that she accept this". She says she loves and accepts me as a person, and she says she isn't going to shun me or get coolish with me no matter where my life takes me. She says she "doesn't want to be uncomfortable with me", and she isn't saying she's uncomfortable with me. It's just that she's uncomfortable with the thought of this activity. However, she thinks it's a good idea to point out that she's "uncomfortable" with it. Well, to me the obvious solution seems to be........ then don't think about me engaged in said "activity". Problem solved, nobody is asking you to think about it. Plus, she has said that she thinks this has an "allure" to me, because it's "dramatic". She says she believes me, but I've had an "allure" to it because of that. I don't think she hates me or wants to ruin everything, but her ignorance is difficult to deal with. I think she loves and cares about me and always will, but she is just an ignorant person.

2. Indianna

Don't worry, I'm going through basically the exact same thing with my mum. Except I haven't come out to her yet. My mum ignorant to my depression and tells me it's 'all I'm my head.' She is an extremely ignorant person though, she constantly insults the LGBTQ community and makes fun of them. Which is exactly the reason i'm not coming out to her, ever. You should just tell your mum that you don't appreciate her remarks and that you had enough courage to come out to her so she should be grateful, rather than 'insulting' your sexuality. But thats just my opinion.
    I really hope everything goes well for you :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, the thing is that I actually am really into this girl now. I really can say that I have feelings for her that I haven't really ever had for anybody else. The thing is that she wasn't born a girl though, but she's just as much of a woman as any other. I really feel very strongly for her, and I would really like to take things further if it's possible. The thing is if she goes berserk on me and starts trying to stand in my way, making threats, taking away my phone and stuff like that......... I'm just going to leave and not tell anybody where I'm going. If she doesn't flip out, then this is all over to me. After all the things she's said, I wouldn't be surprised if she flips the fuck out. Oh well, if she does, I'll just start the new mother-free chapter of my life. I could understand her being surprised or whatever, but if she decides to make a huge fight over it and goes completely hostile......... then I draw the line. I've told her that I find it hurtful, but her answer is basically to "not bring it up". If she flips out on me over this, I really mean that it is OVER with me having anything to do with her. That would just be completely cruel to see someone genuinely feeling a connection to somebody, and then taking their phone away, yelling at them, and just being hostile.