1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in love with best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HIL91025, Jan 19, 2016.

1. HIL91025

I am in love with my best friend. He knows my sexual orientation, and it doesn't bother him, but he is straight and there is 0% chance of him liking me in this way. How do I overcome this to carry on with our friendship without this sexual attraction tearing me apart?

2. foxer

Overcoming crushes can be hard. Being in love with them doesn't really make it easier. I'm quite sure somewhere here is a thread about overcoming crushes as - I'm infact too tired to tell myself. Atleast for now. So help yourself :grin: Or wait, I might get back to this in few days.

Disclaimer *Think throughoutly before proceeding with this*
    Depenging on how things are between you two you might just tell him. It might help you overcoming it. Using the word love is not recommended as it's really strong word. Crush could be more suitable and less provoking or some other not so, So. STRONG. Word.

Take care - Foxer

3. foxer

Ok I found it dealing-with-crushes Straight from the EC recourses.
    It's quite good and I would recommend giving it a read.

Ok It's not technically a thread. It's much better. A ready written article about the subject.

Cheers - Foxer

4. HIL91025

He knows I find him attractive etc. but he does sometimes tell me to ease up a bit if I am going too far haha